The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Harry Potter

Hi! I'm planning on coming to University of Hertfordshire next fall as an exchange student. I'm a big Harry Potter fan and was wondering if there are any classes that focus on the books (I'm currently taking one in America!) or if there are any excursions that have anything to do with Harry Potter. I know Leavesden Studios is nearby and I would love to take a tour. Also, is there a quidditch team?

Also, I am aware that not all of England is obsessed with Harry Potter- I'm just a huge fan and want to take advantage of anything related to it while in England! :smile:
Original post by burmk
Hi! I'm planning on coming to University of Hertfordshire next fall as an exchange student. I'm a big Harry Potter fan and was wondering if there are any classes that focus on the books (I'm currently taking one in America!) or if there are any excursions that have anything to do with Harry Potter. I know Leavesden Studios is nearby and I would love to take a tour. Also, is there a quidditch team?

Also, I am aware that not all of England is obsessed with Harry Potter- I'm just a huge fan and want to take advantage of anything related to it while in England!

If you manage to bump into kings cross rail station, there is a platform known as platform 9 3/4. I see a lot of harry potter fans taking pictures such as the image below and there are some souvenirs to buy from their shop.

http://now-here-this.timeout.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Mark-Williams-Mr-Weasley-in-the-Harry-Potter-film-series-pushes-the-luggage-trolley-on-Platform-9-%C2%BE-at-Warner-Bros.-Studio-Tour-London-8.jpg

it takes about 20 minutes to get to london king cross from hatfield rail station just to let uk.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by burmk

Also, I am aware that not all of England is obsessed with Harry Potter- I'm just a huge fan and want to take advantage of anything related to it while in England! :smile:

Hi Burmk,

Although we are incredibly close the Leavesden Studios, we don't actually have any specific Harry Potter modules or classes relating to the movie and book series.

I would advise speaking to the Students' Union as they usually have a Harry Potter society that hosts events relating to the film and sometimes do group visits to the Studios. You can tweet the Vice President of the SU and find out what Harry Potter activities there are on campus.

I hope this is ok?
:wizard2:

Thanks,
Brad & Heather
Reply 3
Original post by burmk
was wondering if there are any classes that focus on the books

What would there even be to study? Rowling is a hack of a writer, it's a children's book series with nothing deeper than what you see written on the page.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending