Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Where do I start? I'm a vegan (i didnt become one to loose weight) but I feel like I'm gaining weight. How do I manage exercise with my A levels
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You can't out train a poor diet.

Look at what you're eating, there'll be something in there causing you to gain weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student004)
    Where do I start? I'm a vegan (i didnt become one to loose weight) but I feel like I'm gaining weight. How do I manage exercise with my A levels
    :facepalm:

Pull yourself together. How do people manage exercise with uni, with work? If you can't find the time to exercise when you are a school kid, you are either doing something terribly wrong, or just not prioritizing well enough.

ReputationRep:
    High protein, low carb
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Feel like is not the same as actually gaining weight.
    Actual weight and height.
    Work out your weight first and then how much you are eating.
    You can do this by logging and weighing your food using the MFP app.

You can work out your rough maintenance calories and then see whether you are in deficit or surplus. You will only gain weight if you are in surplus.

Losing weight is c80% diet, but exercise can burn you valuable additional calories and lifting weight can increase your fat loss.

So to answer your question and after checking you really do need to lose weight.
    You have plenty of time if you are just foing A levels.
    You cna move more generally- walking or riding a bike to school.
    Try and spend 30-60 mins exercising or walking a day. That all adds up.

You could go to the gym 3x a week or if you are going to say you cnat then try a homeworkout from https://www.fitnessblender.com/ and do them on a regular basis. They only last 30 mins and cater for all levels of fitness. Its also very good for stress reduction.

Just monitor (dont obsess over) your weight and if you find yourself gaining over time then reduce what you consume and do a bit more exercise. The key is to get a routine so you do it every day and then you just do it automatically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reality check)
    you need to lose an 'o' before thinking about weight.
    lmfaoooo

ReputationRep:
    You may well feel like you are gaining weight, but have you actually weighed yourself to find out if you actually are?

I too don't have time to exercise so I cycle everywhere instead. Kills two birds with one stone and is generally quicker than other transport options.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried the high carb low fat vegan lifestyle/raw vegan? Going low carb during a-levels is the worst thing you can do because your brain runs on glucose. I lost half a stone on a raw vegan diet within 2 weeks and I eat whatever I want when I want (no calorie restriction). Hope this is useful

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.