Turn on thread page Beta

How to call landline through PC/ mobile? By landline is busted. watch

ReputationRep:
    Been searching for hours on how to call through wifi but I just keep getting apps that cost money.

I just want something like what's app but can call non whatsappers.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Are you PAYG or on a contract? Surely it's easier to just call them using your mobile. Can't think of any apps that will let you call landlines for free... There's Facetime, Viber, Skype, etc to call another mobile.. but they need the app installed to be able to call you or receive calls.

ReputationRep:
    https://support.google.com/hangouts/...DDesktop&hl=en

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Are you PAYG or on a contract? Surely it's easier to just call them using your mobile. Can't think of any apps that will let you call landlines for free... There's Facetime, Viber, Skype, etc to call another mobile.. but they need the app installed to be able to call you or receive calls.
    Contract, I have no credit on my phone.

I don't mind calling phonelines I just want it to get charged through my wifi.

ReputationRep:
    Insufficient credit, like I said, I don't want some credit crap, I want something like Whatsapp which charges you through internet cnnection/ bill.

ReputationRep:
    Surely the easiest way is to borrow a friends phone? Or add minutes to your phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon)
    Surely the easiest way is to borrow a friends phone? Or add minutes to your phone.
    Most are my friends are on holiday. Haven't got any spare cash for a while.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Longshot003)
    Contract, I have no credit on my phone.

I don't mind calling phonelines I just want it to get charged through my wifi.
    You don't top up a phone on contract???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    You don't top up a phone on contract???
    Let's clear this up.

My landline has been cut since the bills too high.

I have no credit on my mobile.

I want to make a call through my PC because the deal is virgin has still allowed me to have internet but not a phone line.

Every VOIP app needs you to put credit on it but I have no money and don't mind it being charged to my bill like whatsapp does.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Let's clear this up.

I want to make a call through my PC because the deal is virgin has still allowed me to have internet but not a phone line.

Every VOIP app needs you to put credit on it but I have no money and don't mind it being charged to my bill like whatsapp does.
    No such app exists.

ReputationRep:
    Let's clear this up.

You're asking for completely free phone calls, which don't exist - Viber Out and Skype are both 2p a minute to UK landlines which is probably the cheapest option. Or if you're not with Three already get a pay as you go sim from them - 3p a minute calls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameswhughes)
    You're asking for completely free phone calls, which don't exist - Viber Out and Skype are both 2p a minute to UK landlines which is probably the cheapest option. Or if you're not with Three already get a pay as you go sim from them - 3p a minute calls.
    No, i don't want free phone calls, I don't mind if it charges onto my next phone bill.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No, i don't want free phone calls, I don't mind if it charges onto my next phone bill.
    There is not a way to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    There is not a way to do that.
    Oh well.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.