Turn on thread page Beta

Law finalist with no clue on what to do with myself... HELP watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm just after some advice...

Basically I'm a final year law student at a Russell Group uni, on for a good grade (High 2:1 pushing on a first). However I haven't got the foggiest idea of what to do post uni. I had always thought commercial law would be for me, but after a sea of rejections/work experience I have decided perhaps not.
    I was thinking of investment banking, I have pretty good experience day trading, making £1000 in two weeks from a £20 start. However given that I have firmly pointed myself in the commercial law route throughout my course I have no idea where to start if I wanted to try out banking...

Any tips, open to any suggestion re potential careers, the only desire is to move to London, and earn enough that I can start to rent etc...

ReputationRep:
    bump
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Think about what you want to do and what you need to get there. What are you good at? You will have to start at the bottom and work your way up and a grad scheme might be the way to go to give you structure and the required knowledge and experience.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.