Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

Hoping I can get some advice. I'm 31 years old, I dropped out of 6th form education, due to reasons so the highest qualifications I have are GCSE's GNVQ, NVQ level 2. and AS Level.

My ultimate aim is to try and get a degree, whilst still working full time. Do I need to complete A level education or equivalent to do this? I work from home, so would studying online be a better option? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, let me know if I've not given enough info

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkS85)
    You sound the perfect person for the open university. My friend did this in a similar position. From what I understand there are no formal entry requirements, you just choose a degree and off you go.

I would be hesitant however depending on your current ability, I would look at some A-level past papers in your chosen subject to see how hard you find these. To just jump into a degree without having a solid understanding at A-level would be a bad move.

ReputationRep:
    I completed Open Uni Physics, its accredited by Institute of Physics (not all brick universities have this).

Open Uni degrees do not require GCSE or Alevel as the first 6months is pretty much a a very well written crash course of GCSE and A-level in your chosen subject.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.