Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've started my unit and I've answered most of the questions but this one I left and now I'm back to it and still a bit stuck with it, been looking on Google but if someone could just simplify and kind of break it down a bit, a little push for me it would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Q: Explain how the requirements of security, data protection, copyright and intellectual property legislation may affect the production of business documents
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by KimbobJenkins)
    I've started my unit and I've answered most of the questions but this one I left and now I'm back to it and still a bit stuck with it, been looking on Google but if someone could just simplify and kind of break it down a bit, a little push for me it would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Q: Explain how the requirements of security, data protection, copyright and intellectual property legislation may affect the production of business documents
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3887569

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, could I send you what I have already wrote just to see if I am going the right way with it please?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Thank you, could I send you what I have already wrote just to see if I am going the right way with it please?
    You can if you like, but I'm not sure how much help I'll be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You can if you like, but I'm not sure how much help I'll be
    It's just to see if I'm actually writing about what the question has asked me, I'm not very good with stuff like this

This is what I have so far:

We have so much personal data of clients here in the office so we have to be very careful not to leave anything lying around or up on the computer screens as, if we have a visitor they may see something that they are not supposed to see which could lead to something bad such as they could repeat it to someone else or if they know that person they might discuss what they seen about them and that will get us into deep trouble also with the law as we have to protect all personal data we have on clients. We all have passwords to get onto our computers and usually lock them if we leave the desk also all of our filing cabinets get locked up at the end of the day so if there were to be any break ins they wouldn’t be able to get in to see any personal data, our filing cabinets are also fireproof so no important information will be lost in case of a fire.

ReputationRep:
    It's just to see if I'm actually writing about what the question has asked me, I'm not very good with stuff like this

We have so much personal data of clients here in the office so we have to be very careful not to leave anything lying around or up on the computer screens as, if we have a visitor they may see something that they are not supposed to see which could lead to something bad such as they could repeat it to someone else or if they know that person they might discuss what they seen about them and that will get us into deep trouble also with the law as we have to protect all personal data we have on clients. We all have passwords to get onto our computers and usually lock them if we leave the desk also all of our filing cabinets get locked up at the end of the day so if there were to be any break ins they wouldn’t be able to get in to see any personal data, our filing cabinets are also fireproof so no important information will be lost in case of a fire.
    I think I have done it completely wrong as I have just scrolled down and realised 2.1 question is
    Explain how the requirements of security, data protection, copyright and intellectual property legislation may affect the distribution and storage of business documents.

I think I may have answered 1.5 the way I should have answered 2.1
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

You've done really well on explaining what you do. But you need to explain the requirements, which means you have to explain why data protection means you need to do these things. So the Data Protection Act says you're not allowed to give information out. Have a look at this Act to see exactly what is required - what is covered by the Act, what kinds of information must be protected, are there any specific recommendations in the act about how data should be stored? The Act itself is very long and difficult to read, but you will find information pages that present the Act in a more readable format.

I'm not sure which questions 1.5 and 2.1 are just by referring to them as numbers, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Can someone help with unit 8- Understand how to prepare business documents?
    1.1 Explain the requirements for language, tone, image and presentation for different documents
    1.2 Explain how to integrate images into documents
    1.4 Explain the requirements of Data Protection, Copyright and intellectual property legislation relating to document production.
    1.5 Describe organisational procedures for version control

I'm literally so stuck, if anyone has completed I would really appreciate some resources/help/guidance on how to answer?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Steph_H98)
    Hi,

Can someone help with unit 8- Understand how to prepare business documents?
    1.1 Explain the requirements for language, tone, image and presentation for different documents
    1.2 Explain how to integrate images into documents
    1.4 Explain the requirements of Data Protection, Copyright and intellectual property legislation relating to document production.
    1.5 Describe organisational procedures for version control

I'm literally so stuck, if anyone has completed I would really appreciate some resources/help/guidance on how to answer?
    It's fine to ask for help here if you're just stuck on one question, or if you have some idea where to go but need a pointer. But if you're stuck on a whole unit, you should go back to your tutor and see if they can explain. Nobody here is going to do your whole unit for you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 12, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.