Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I've been applying to jobs and have had a call back.

Its a commission only role where I have to send recruitment packages to customers and then we advertise jobs, search for candidates and do a bit of account management.

Its a home based role...

Also the guy rang me up within half an hour of applying and sent me the link via text message. I've tried typing the link into google but it doesn't work, it only works when I click on the link itself...Sounds a bit dodgy...

What do you guys reckon?

Any advice/experience much appreciated!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sounds reasonable. Do you have to physically post them or email them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tubbz)
    Sounds reasonable. Do you have to physically post them or email them?
    I didn't ask that - probably have to email them?

I just found it strange why nothing was coming up on google for it...and the fact that new starters get paid on the first day :?

ReputationRep:
    If you think it sounds dodgy, then it's almost definitely dodgy. Have you tried googling the company name?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by NafNaf39)
    I didn't ask that - probably have to email them?

I just found it strange why nothing was coming up on google for it...and the fact that new starters get paid on the first day :?
    Inbox me some details please? May have a dig myself sounds like the sort of thing you could operate alongside other work/study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    If you think it sounds dodgy, then it's almost definitely dodgy. Have you tried googling the company name?
    Thats what I tried doing but nothing would come up.

However, when I put the company registration number (Or whatever its called) it brought up another company that they 'supposedly' joined...

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I tried doing but nothing would come up.

However, when I put the company registration number (Or whatever its called) it brought up another company that they 'supposedly' joined...
    You'd think if they were legit something would come up on google. I'd recommend not doing it, and if you do decide to do it do not give them ANY money if they ask for it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sounds to me like you've sort of made your mind up anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tubbz)
    Inbox me some details please? May have a dig myself sounds like the sort of thing you could operate alongside other work/study.
    I can't recall the job title but found it on indeed. Just be careful, I don't want anyone getting stuffed.

If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is a load of ****

ReputationRep:
    You'd think if they were legit something would come up on google. I'd recommend not doing it, and if you do decide to do it do not give them ANY money if they ask for it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sounds to me like you've sort of made your mind up anyway!
    Yes I have.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have.

Thank you
    No problem. Best of luck in the job search - I know it can feel neverending sometimes!

ReputationRep:
    No problem. Best of luck in the job search - I know it can feel neverending sometimes!
    Thanks dear (:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.