Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So im 16(nearly 17) and i had a party yesterday (about 60 people). im 6ft 4 and chubby and all my friends get pissed so easily. i downed 10 bottles of beer and 1 can of cider and i was only slighty tipsy. yeah i set my foot on fire but im just stupid anyways. so at least 3 people i know had less than what i had ( one of them is a ****ing body builder) and they were out of it, throwing up everywhere. why cant i get drunk?
    Ps
    My neighbor is a knobhead and started an argument with me because apparently we were too loud

Try absynth.

ReputationRep:
    I may have some nail polish you could borrow. But I can't remember where I put it! I think I left it in the garage...

ReputationRep:
    Spirits.

ReputationRep:
    damn I wish I was that tall I'm 5'7. It takes more for big people to get drunk, you have more blood to dilute it. Having said that, 11 bottles is certainly an excessive amount. Other things that can effect drinking effectiveness are whether you ate before hand. how quickly you drank them, and the alcohol concentration of the drinks. (some beers are like 3.4% and wouldn't get a toddler drunk... not that i've tried.) In answer to your question i'm sure you can get drunk, try doing shot. Ethanol ( the chemical that makes you drunk) is actually broken down linearly in the body unlike quite a lot of other drugs. The rate of alcohol brake down is quoted at around 10mg and hour but this can vary depending on weather you drink a lot, age, sex etc. So if you had 10mg waited an hour and had another 10mg you'd have 15mg in your system. The reason i mention this is that a lot of drugs like paracetamol have an exponential decay with a half life. What i'm saying is that if you reeeealy wanted to you could figure out your blood alchol concentration by estimating your blood volume and knowing how much you drink. adjust accordingly to match up with your drunk friends and you should be roughly as tipsy as them. Its easier to do this with a liner relationship rather than a exponential one. But that probably over thinking it...

ReputationRep:
    Shots.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Is this really an issue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Is this really an issue?
    😂 it's not really an issue, i'm just wondering why
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Housey)
    😂 it's not really an issue, i'm just wondering why
    lol wtf is that smiley

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.