How long does Edinburgh usually take for offers?

Watch
eliyahul'orignal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I'm an American who's applied to UK schools for English Lit. Waiting from Oxford, Edinburgh, KCl, and UCL, and got an offer from Queen Mary within a month. My questions is how long Edinburgh usually takes to reply with an offer?

KCL said within 6 weeks, QMUL said within 4, just curious-
Thanks!
claireberg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by eliyahul'orignal)
Hi,

I'm an American who's applied to UK schools for English Lit. Waiting from Oxford, Edinburgh, KCl, and UCL, and got an offer from Queen Mary within a month. My questions is how long Edinburgh usually takes to reply with an offer?

KCL said within 6 weeks, QMUL said within 4, just curious-
Thanks!
Hey! I'm also American. I applied at Edinburgh and Oxford on October 3rd. I heard back from Edinburgh on October 14th, I got an unconditional offer for International Relations! I haven't heard back from Oxford yet, but I'm taking the history aptitude test which is required to study history and politics at Oxford. They said I should hear back about a possible interview by end of November / beginning of December. Hope this helps!
eliyahul'orignal
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by claireberg)
Hey! I'm also American. I applied at Edinburgh and Oxford on October 3rd. I heard back from Edinburgh on October 14th, I got an unconditional offer for International Relations! I haven't heard back from Oxford yet, but I'm taking the history aptitude test which is required to study history and politics at Oxford. They said I should hear back about a possible interview by end of November / beginning of December. Hope this helps!
Thanks, and definitely. I get the sense humanities subjects tend to drag in terms of when you hear back. Even Queen Mary gave me a condition of 5 on AP Lit-I'd be in heaven if I got an unconditional from Edinburgh. Out of curiosity, where in the states are you from?
Tcannon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It also depends on number of applications unis receive for courses and have to process. English Lit is a very popular subject at Edin and my sis heard within 6 weeks too. Excellent choice to some top English departments.

Good luck
claireberg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by eliyahul'orignal)
Thanks, and definitely. I get the sense humanities subjects tend to drag in terms of when you hear back. Even Queen Mary gave me a condition of 5 on AP Lit-I'd be in heaven if I got an unconditional from Edinburgh. Out of curiosity, where in the states are you from?
DC You?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (31)
28.97%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.35%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
55.14%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.54%

Watched Threads