Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm an American who's applied to UK schools for English Lit. Waiting from Oxford, Edinburgh, KCl, and UCL, and got an offer from Queen Mary within a month. My questions is how long Edinburgh usually takes to reply with an offer?

KCL said within 6 weeks, QMUL said within 4, just curious-
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliyahul'orignal)
    Hi,

I'm an American who's applied to UK schools for English Lit. Waiting from Oxford, Edinburgh, KCl, and UCL, and got an offer from Queen Mary within a month. My questions is how long Edinburgh usually takes to reply with an offer?

KCL said within 6 weeks, QMUL said within 4, just curious-
    Thanks!
    Hey! I'm also American. I applied at Edinburgh and Oxford on October 3rd. I heard back from Edinburgh on October 14th, I got an unconditional offer for International Relations! I haven't heard back from Oxford yet, but I'm taking the history aptitude test which is required to study history and politics at Oxford. They said I should hear back about a possible interview by end of November / beginning of December. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireberg)
    Hey! I'm also American. I applied at Edinburgh and Oxford on October 3rd. I heard back from Edinburgh on October 14th, I got an unconditional offer for International Relations! I haven't heard back from Oxford yet, but I'm taking the history aptitude test which is required to study history and politics at Oxford. They said I should hear back about a possible interview by end of November / beginning of December. Hope this helps!
    Thanks, and definitely. I get the sense humanities subjects tend to drag in terms of when you hear back. Even Queen Mary gave me a condition of 5 on AP Lit-I'd be in heaven if I got an unconditional from Edinburgh. Out of curiosity, where in the states are you from?

ReputationRep:
    It also depends on number of applications unis receive for courses and have to process. English Lit is a very popular subject at Edin and my sis heard within 6 weeks too. Excellent choice to some top English departments.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliyahul'orignal)
    Thanks, and definitely. I get the sense humanities subjects tend to drag in terms of when you hear back. Even Queen Mary gave me a condition of 5 on AP Lit-I'd be in heaven if I got an unconditional from Edinburgh. Out of curiosity, where in the states are you from?
    DC You?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 2, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.