Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how diverse the university of sussex is? Because I am from London, I'm used to a more multicultural environment. Could anyone let me know about the diversity there?

ReputationRep:
    there's a lot of people from other countries here, especially china lol. Tbh i feel like there isn't a lot of south asians here though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you're from London you'll love Sussex. It is basically London in the South. Everyone here is literally from London.

ReputationRep:
    I went to the campus tour and most students were from China/japan and British people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raisavana_)
    I was wondering how diverse the university of sussex is? Because I am from London, I'm used to a more multicultural environment. Could anyone let me know about the diversity there?
    Here you go...

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/internal/bul...shows-progress

https://www.sussex.ac.uk/webteam/gat...5).pdf&site=67

Lot of white students, but quite a few BME, would be my summation of the data...

ReputationRep:
    My daughter is definitely feeling a bit alienated due to being from Yorkshire, the London/South of England and Chinese students make up majority

ReputationRep:
    From what I hear, it's just a load of Chinese.

ReputationRep:
    It's not just a load of Chinese, there is a sizable but still definite minority of Chinese there.
    The vast majority are white teens from the south of England.
    Daughters block of 6,
    Her from Yorkshire
    1 Chinese boy
    1 Cypriot girl (I think)
    3 from SE England

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Sussex
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.