Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was currently studying.bussiness economics but 4 weeks into second year i have decided it is not what i want to do, i also find it very difficult no matter how hard i try at it which is giving me a lot of stress. so i figured.quiting is the best to do even though i feel like ive let myself down i believe rather then forcing myself to carry on and persuading myself i can.do it. i think now it is time for me quit before i waste more of my time and unnessary effort to try and get my.head around it.which is never going to happen.

I have already paid 9000.tution fee and recieved 2.4k ish student loan. however what will happen to the other 2.4k that i should of been getting if i didnt want to quit.

Personally i need some of the loan in order to pay for rent that i have contract for...

Also should i tell my uni or sfe that i have quit or does that matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamsmith1990)
    I have already paid 9000.tution fee and recieved 2.4k ish student loan. however what will happen to the other 2.4k that i should of been getting if i didnt want to quit.

Personally i need some of the loan in order to pay for rent that i have contract for...

Also should i tell my uni or sfe that i have quit or does that matter.
    As soon as you stop being a student, you stop getting SF. So you won't get that second £2400. If you leave now, you will also have to repay all but 4 weeks worth of the first £2400 instalment.

If you tell your uni that you have quit, they will inform SF and the process to recover the money you owe would begin. If you're in student-only accommodation then you would have to leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    As soon as you stop being a student, you stop getting SF. So you won't get that second £2400. If you leave now, you will also have to repay all but 4 weeks worth of the first £2400 instalment.

If you tell your uni that you have quit, they will inform SF and the process to recover the money you owe would begin. If you're in student-only accommodation then you would have to leave.

What if i dont them i quit just yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamsmith1990)
    What if i dont them i quit just yet
    Depends on how your uni works. If they have any kind of lecture/seminar attendance monitoring, they could notice pretty fast. If they don't, then the first potential trigger will be a missed coursework hand-in deadline or an exam no-show. Even then, it depends whether it's standard for staff to follow up in those situations or whether it's just allowed to happen without intervention. I doubt you could last longer than the end of January at most unis - less at some.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.