Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would like to know where you've ended up? Which of STEP I II and III you sat?
    Reflection on your journey preparing for STEP?
    Best advice for sitting a STEP examination in terms of time-management, specific questions to tackle etc?

Pass on some wisdom you math wizards

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    planning on sitting I and II this year. which are you sitting and how are you preparing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dididid)
    planning on sitting I and II this year. which are you sitting and how are you preparing?
    Hopefully I'll be sitting I and II too. I'm going through the STEP preparation task to develop my problem solving skills. Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    Hopefully I'll be sitting I and II too. I'm going through the STEP preparation task to develop my problem solving skills. Wbu?
    going to 2 hour step lectures at leeds uni every Wednesday and working through skills booklet myself. lol just realised i had a chat with you awhile ago on the slowest/fastest offers or maths applicants thread advising you to take step. guess you went for it
    I'm applying to Warwick this year but ill most likely end up taking a gap year and applying for maths at oxford so i don't really need step but it will strengthen my application. where are you applying ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    Would like to know where you've ended up? Which of STEP I II and III you sat?
    Reflection on your journey preparing for STEP?
    Best advice for sitting a STEP examination in terms of time-management, specific questions to tackle etc?

Pass on some wisdom you math wizards
    Q1 Cambridge somehow lmao
    Q2 all of them (only II III were in my offers step I is just for the practice etc)
    Honestly. Step is just practice practice practice, for the vast majority anyway.
    You should aim to be quick aswell and get trough questions quick if you want a 1/S. Doing timed mocks helps alot aswell as starting about now as far as prep goes. The usua advice start off with step I. Go through the siklos booklets if you want just make sure you are very comfortable with Pure and Further pure modules and do try out applied maths as it can be very rewarding for some people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge. Sat all three papers. Was a cool journey. No specific advice, varies from person to person.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 18, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.