Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Im really struggling trying to write my personal statement. I would be grateful if anyone could give me some tips for what to write when applying to these subject areas. Also I need major help since Im not sure how to incorporate ALL of these courses into ONE personal statement.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

E
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    In short, I don't think you can. I think you need to decide on one of them and apply for that at all your choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenEM)
    Hi, Im really struggling trying to write my personal statement. I would be grateful if anyone could give me some tips for what to write when applying to these subject areas. Also I need major help since Im not sure how to incorporate ALL of these courses into ONE personal statement.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

E
    As stated above you can't really make one all-purpose PS. If you have work experience however in an architectural or construction firm it would work for all three.

For architecture focus on things like any talks you have been to or articles you have read (if you haven't done this get it done quickly). If you are really stuck for ideas talk about your favourite architect or building, but for God's sake don't make it someone/something really famous (Richard Rogers, Zaha Hadid, Heatherwick etc. for architects or the Shard, Cheesegrater etc. for buildings). This sticks out as being amateurish.

As for the other two I would focus on more economics-based things, such as articles from the Economist etc.

Good luck!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.