Turn on thread page Beta

Trying to work it out... watch

ReputationRep:
    Today is Matt Smith's birthday and he is 34 years old.

I thought he became the Doctor when he was 26 years old. He is 36 in 2 years time. If he became the Doctor at 26 it would mean that his Doctor Who career started in 2008 which I know for a fact is not true because David Tennant didn't leave Doctor Who until 2010.
    Does anyone know how old Matt was when he started Doctor Who.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It was 2010.

ReputationRep:
    Mandela effect saraxh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Mandela effect saraxh

ReputationRep:
    Matt Smith is an English actor who shot to fame in the UK aged 26when he was cast by producer Steven Moffat as the Eleventh Doctor in the BBC's iconic science-fiction adventure series Doctor Who (2005).

ReputationRep:
    Detective time. So I googled when his series started:

This made me poo myself. Of course I googled how old he was and you were correct. However, this wasn't his first episode it was his first one after the christmas special, google is actually a tad misleading but that would still make our timeline not make sense at all.

HOWEVER, he did not start aged 26. He was 26 when he was cast.

Now, on further digging David Tennant announced he was going to sod off in the October of 2008. Smith was revealed as 11 in January 2009, where he would've still been 26 as his birthday hadn't happned yet, which should fit with your timeline just fine. Therefore when he actually appeared on the telly he would've been 28 or something.

The Mandela effect doesn't apply here. We are not living in a parallel universe. This is not the evidence we need to prove that Moffat is in fact a reptile.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.