Turn on thread page Beta

Police are wanting to speak with me watch

    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Mother just rang me at my home address to say the police have been in contact with her. Its police from a different county, and apparently they told my mum they want to speak with me about something I witnessed a long time ago.

    Initially I thought that perhaps they wanted to arrest me for something, but then if they wanted to arrest me or suspected me of having committed an offence they'd have traced my address and arrested me.

    They've given me a 101 number to ring and a direct line number to a police officer to speak too. What should I do?

    a 101 number is a non emergency police line (compared to 999), so you have nothing to worry about.

    101 functions as a switchboard (as well as the non emergency number) for the police for you to get through to individual departments, ring them up and see what they want.

    Then talk to them.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.