The Student Room Group

Why do guys stop women in the middle of the road?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dominator1
Well, life is hard afterall. What you lack in something you compensate in another

True. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
That's what happened to me, I sorta froze..I was more frightened because it's scary when someone blocks ur path. The thing is i sorta justified myself that I'm not interested in anyway..but who is he he didn't even have to hear my voice. I should next time just walk on. I left with a heavy heart and guilt..it felt forced!

It is just the type of man, not all men by a long way.

That is how he interacts with women and a belief he can be pushy (his version of charming) and get his own way. If the only reason he is asking for facebook is based on what you looked like for ten seconds and the thinks that is normal or doesnt explain himself, then thats a bit creepy. He probably thinks he is more sophisticated and less transparent than he is or doesnt care.

Just smile, say no thank you and walk on. The fact they will persist shows you made the right decision.
Reply 82
Original post by ANM775
Sorry, but I do not think swearing and cussing out men who catcall you is going to make any difference in the long run.

obviously there is something about your appearance which is evoking men to sometimes catcall you. It could be your face, your body, clothes or a mix of all 3

I'm not trying to say to say it's your fault or you are dressing inappropriately or like a tart or anything, but obviously it must be your appearance. Certain appearances will envoke a reaction in people.

your only hope of it stopping [realistically] is a drastic change of appearance, and even then there are no guarantees.

What kind of 'look' would you recommend, exactly? And if I do get catcalled, how would you recommend I react in future?
Reply 83
Original post by Asiangirl_18
Lol :biggrin: I don't think that would work but hey u can try anything right haha :h:

Only thing that's worked for me :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Only thing that's worked for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure lol. If that has worked I would eat a sock :biggrin:
Reply 85
Original post by Asiangirl_18
I'm sure lol. If that has worked I would eat a sock :biggrin:

Get eating

Matrix123
x

Honey, can you please confirm?:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Get eating

Honey, can you please confirm?:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is true. :yep:
Posted from TSR Mobile

U gotta confirm it first. :biggrin:
Reply 88
Original post by abc
What kind of 'look' would you recommend, exactly? And if I do get catcalled, how would you recommend I react in future?

baggy clothes to hide your figure, no skirts, no heals, no crop tops, no makeup no dyed hair .....would probably stop a fair amount of it, but you give the impression you get it a lot so probably a change of appearance isn't going to cut out 100% of it.

tbh though I don't really think you should make any drastic changes, perhaps make a few minor ones if you want to.

and honestly, I think probably like half the men catcalling you are doing it because they think they are complimenting the girl and not doing to upset the girl. Think like a male for a second. Do you think your typical male would like to be catcalled by women? ..Yes they would, therefore they assume women like to be catcalled by men.

I think you are better off just ignoring the men who catcall you tbh. One of these days you are going to swear at the wrong man and things could get very nasty for you unless you are like super hench for a girl.

and I find it a bit odd tbh, that virtually every women hates being catcalled, yet I sometimes will get catcalled by women.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending