The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham offer holders 2017!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucy_d1
i'm pretty sure the * means it's a 39 week contract so you don't have to move all your belongings out over the holidays!

That's correct. Noticed this the second time I logged in!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by hey(:
Hey, could you help me check the rooms/halls currently available in University Park North Zone? Thank you!!

Hi,

North Zone

Shared Study*

Shared Study

Single Study*

Single Study Plus*

Single Study

Single Study Plus

Hope this helps
Reply 902
is anyone considering a shared study at North site university Park? I'm thinking it could be a great option...built in bestie and room to move about in....or a nightmare option, depending on who you share with?
I think I'm applying for it..wondered if anyone had heard anything good or bad about it. I'm hoping for Cripps or Lenton and Wortley because theyre near my course
has anyone got a picture of a room in cavendish hill? I've searched google but can't find one...
Hi anyone know if there are any ensuite lefts for university park central zone???
Anyone else got an offer for Derby Hall? There doesn't seem to be a chat anywhere on facebook for offer-holders yet:frown:
Did anyone staying at Broadgate Park get sent an email asking them to take a selfie with an arrivals weekend countdown?
Original post by help12345678
has anyone got a picture of a room in cavendish hill? I've searched google but can't find one...

or any general reviews???? don't leave me hanging
Original post by help12345678
or any general reviews???? don't leave me hanging

Try looking it up on this forum. I had the same problem with my halls but I found a thread from a few years ago with pictures!
Got a shared study in Derby hall, wanted an ensuite but nothing left when I chose. Kind of wanted Hugh Stewart or something in that area.

Does anyone know if there is capacity to change this on results day as I'm sure many will either drop or not get the grades and just many other reasons?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Did anyone staying at Broadgate Park get sent an email asking them to take a selfie with an arrivals weekend countdown?

I did. Not sure why they've asked or why I should send one though 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rainbowtwist
I did. Not sure why they've asked or why I should send one though 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. I can't tell if its compulsory or not :' ) I am super excited for going to Notts. Just need to get the grades. Hopefully if things go well on results day I'll make a UoN freshers thread :smile:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Same. I can't tell if its compulsory or not :' ) I am super excited for going to Notts. Just need to get the grades. Hopefully if things go well on results day I'll make a UoN freshers thread :smile:

I doubt it would be, surely they will only ask for that stuff after we have confirmed places? It's badly written haha
Yeah look forward to it, good luck!
Original post by TAgirl
Hey guys, for anyone that has firmed Notts for a business related course, can you please outline your reasons for your choice (especially employability/careers service etc?) I'm in two minds about Notts as I intend on studying Accounting and Finance but I am torn between Notts and Manchester. If anyone has applied to manchester too but firmed notts this will be especially helpful to me. Generally, I have the perception that rankings wise Manchester and Notts are on the same level but I feel that there is a greater exposure to 'the big four' or large corporations in Manchester (this is not to criticise Notts by any means just my observation). Thank you in advance.

Hey, not sure if you still need help, but I'm a first year student in the Business School at Notts and firmed it over Manchester when I was deciding.

During my first couple of weeks, I went to networking events at Deloitte, Accenture and EY on campus. Deloitte said that the university they recruit most from is Nottingham. Accenture and EY didn't give hard numbers, but I doubt there's any divergence at all between these firms and KPMG/PwC in terms of university recruitment since they're all quite similar. I did ask a grad at EY if they meet Nottingham students regularly and his response was "Overwhelmingly".

The relationship between Notts and the Big 4 is very strong.
Original post by swimminginhoney
Anyone else got an offer for Derby Hall? There doesn't seem to be a chat anywhere on facebook for offer-holders yet:frown:

Are u in the chat yet? I can add you?
Original post by Exceptional
Hey, not sure if you still need help, but I'm a first year student in the Business School at Notts and firmed it over Manchester when I was deciding.

During my first couple of weeks, I went to networking events at Deloitte, Accenture and EY on campus. Deloitte said that the university they recruit most from is Nottingham. Accenture and EY didn't give hard numbers, but I doubt there's any divergence at all between these firms and KPMG/PwC in terms of university recruitment since they're all quite similar. I did ask a grad at EY if they meet Nottingham students regularly and his response was "Overwhelmingly".

The relationship between Notts and the Big 4 is very strong.

Wahey fellow first year, what course are you on? Also since one of the courses is linked with PwC there's always someone from there milling about and I know one of the personal tutors is happy to support the PwC spring internship application. But yeah there's always networking events happening so you'd have to be doing something seriously wrong to not build up some connections.
Just got my offer for first year, single study in Lincoln hall. Kinda woulda rathered Cripps but from the tiny bit I can find Lincoln seems pretty nice.

Wondering if anyone here had anything to say bout it, good or bad? :P
Name- Saumya
Location-UK
Subjects- English Literature, Maths and Biology
Course- Biotechnology
Entry requirements for course- ABB
Name: Tushar billiymoria
Subjects: BTEC business, IT, sports
Course: computer science
entry req: Distinction* x 3
Original post by Aidan.reed
Name: Aidan
Course: Computer Science
Entry requirements: Unconditional

Just accepted my offer. Will be applying for self catered accomodation.

hi Aidan, i'm doing doing computer science as well, want to be my friend?

Quick Reply

Latest