Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I have my first ever case interview this Friday. It's not a very big firm or one of my favourites at all, but I want to give it a go because it will give me practice for later. I am completely unprepared - I was planning to start case practice work this week, because I know most consultancies do first interviews mid-late November, but this took me by surprise a little bit. I didn't even have to take tests for this organisation so the interview was a bit of a surprise.

If anyone could direct me to some good resources (I'm willing to pay for the best ones) I'd be really grateful. I've already got Case in Point which I will go through this weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roflcakes1)
    Hey all,

I have my first ever case interview this Friday. It's not a very big firm or one of my favourites at all, but I want to give it a go because it will give me practice for later. I am completely unprepared - I was planning to start case practice work this week, because I know most consultancies do first interviews mid-late November, but this took me by surprise a little bit. I didn't even have to take tests for this organisation so the interview was a bit of a surprise.

If anyone could direct me to some good resources (I'm willing to pay for the best ones) I'd be really grateful. I've already got Case in Point which I will go through this weekend.
    Victor Cheng is your man. http://www.caseinterview.com/

If you're wanting a book, his Case Interview Secrets is great. Try and get someone to practice with you, and especially lookup using a MECE approach towards problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cerdic)
    Victor Cheng is your man. http://www.caseinterview.com/

If you're wanting a book, his Case Interview Secrets is great. Try and get someone to practice with you, and especially lookup using a MECE approach towards problems.
    Thanks for your help! I already receive his regular e-mails - is it worth paying for extras?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roflcakes1)
    Hey all,

Look up some university casebooks (try the big US business schools); they usually have both cases along with the answers. Go through and practice them once you've at least watched Cheng's free talk (the one to HBS I think).

Practice really can't be overemphasised for cases, preferably with another person, but even on your own will be hugely helpful.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.