Turn on thread page Beta

Who does business and communication systems here or has done it with AQA? watch

I am in year 11 and am wondering who does business and communications systems on TSR as it seems that not many people study it on here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackT2000)
    I am in year 11 and am wondering who does business and communications systems on TSR as it seems that not many people study it on here?
    I did. It was probably the easiest GCSE I did, as I missed a third of the exam paper, yet i got an A overall. I do find the skills I learned quite helpful though.

(Original post by leadheadsmith)
    I did. It was probably the easiest GCSE I did, as I missed a third of the exam paper, yet i got an A overall. I do find the skills I learned quite helpful though.
    Did you do the exam this year in May? I really need advice on how to structure the 9 markets as 27 out of the 60 marks are 9 markers

ReputationRep:
    Did you do the exam this year in May? I really need advice on how to structure the 9 markets as 27 out of the 60 marks are 9 markers
    Unfortunately not, I did it Summer 2015. To be honest aswell, I don't remember much of the exam except the design stuff.

Unfortunately not, I did it Summer 2015. To be honest aswell, I don't remember much of the exam except the design stuff.
    Oh I actually tried the 2015 paper the other day. Would you mind if I sent it to you and tell me what you think of my answer to one of the 9 markers?

Plus can you remember a good way to structure your answers?

So for example if the question is "should Business ABC use open-plan offices or cellular offices" should I start my answer off by saying I think that business ABC should use an open plan office layout rather than a cellular office layout because.......(then give reasons?)

ReputationRep:
    Oh I actually tried the 2015 paper the other day. Would you mind if I sent it to you and tell me what you think of my answer to one of the 9 markers?

Plus can you remember a good way to structure your answers?

So for example if the question is "should Business ABC use open-plan offices or cellular offices" should I start my answer off by saying I think that business ABC should use an open plan office layout rather than a cellular office layout because.......(then give reasons?)
    The way i remember doing it is doing a paragraph for each of the layouts, mentioning the advantages and disadvantages. Make sure you apply your answer to the question - like by saying why this advantage is suited to the business. To finish off, do one more paragraph to say which one you think is best (again applying it to the question).

The way i remember doing it is doing a paragraph for each of the layouts, mentioning the advantages and disadvantages. Make sure you apply your answer to the question - like by saying why this advantage is suited to the business. To finish off, do one more paragraph to say which one you think is best (again applying it to the question).
    Do you have to write about both office layouts or just choose the one that you think the business should use and just give advantages and disadvantages of what ever you pick?

Plus how did you revise for business & communications?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to write about both office layouts or just choose the one that you think the business should use and just give advantages and disadvantages of what ever you pick?

Plus how did you revise for business & communications?
    You should write about both. You need to think that the examiner is stupid and doesn't understand anything. So you must say why both of them are good and bad. If you only do one, then you're unlikely to get many marks.

You should write about both. You need to think that the examiner is stupid and doesn't understand anything. So you must say why both of them are good and bad. If you only do one, then you're unlikely to get many marks.
    I'm really strugglying with this. How can I start off by talking about open plan offices?

Should I define open plan office ? e.g. An open plan office is a large space that contains many desks.

How could I then start writing about the advantages of using an open plan office layout? What sentence starter could I use ?

Sorry for keep asking you but I'm not very good at 9 markers and questions that are "essay based".

Hi, I have attempted the 9 marker please could you have a look at it and tell me how many marks I would get out of 9 and how I can improve my answer further?

My answer is below in a word document.

Thanks

Hi, I have attempted the 9 marker please could you have a look at it and tell me how many marks I would get out of 9 and how I can improve my answer further?

Thanks
    Here's my answer
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Open plan office vs cellular office.docx (13.6 KB, 60 views)

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    Hey, I'm like you - i suck at essay questions. What I've done is I've gone to see a teacher and ask for advice. I just try to follow the rule in English - point evidence explanation. That seems to work for me. As i say, go see tour teacher.

Hey, I'm like you - i suck at essay questions. What I've done is I've gone to see a teacher and ask for advice. I just try to follow the rule in English - point evidence explanation. That seems to work for me. As i say, go see tour teacher.
    Ok I will could you have a look at my answer though please?

ReputationRep:
    Ok I will could you have a look at my answer though please?
    I can't open it, as i'm using my phone. Currently don't have any access to a computer, but if i remember, i'll have a look tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I like it. It's a long the lines of how I structure my answers. The only thing I would change though is when giving examples of advantages and disadvantages, try to differentiate your answers (eg don't repeat yourself). For the conclusion, try to say why it would benefit ABC more by using what's given to you in the case study. Overall, I think you could punch above 6 marks.

I like it. It's a long the lines of how I structure my answers. The only thing I would change though is when giving examples of advantages and disadvantages, try to differentiate your answers (eg don't repeat yourself). For the conclusion, try to say why it would benefit ABC more by using what's given to you in the case study. Overall, I think you could punch above 6 marks.
    Ok thanks. How did you revise for the unit 8 exam? The written paper?

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks. How did you revise for the unit 8 exam? The written paper?
    I didn't, I just thought about things logically. I only really revised for maths and further maths. But if you need to, I would look at the course specification on AQA then google the stuff which you may struggle on - I did that for my AS Business exams.

I didn't, I just thought about things logically. I only really revised for maths and further maths. But if you need to, I would look at the course specification on AQA then google the stuff which you may struggle on - I did that for my AS Business exams.
    Oh what about the computer based exam on unit 9?

ReputationRep:
    Oh what about the computer based exam on unit 9?
    pretty much the same. I really don't remember much of it

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.