Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The more I see about the way animals are treated so that I can eat them, and the more I think about the environmental impact, the more I feel guilty about being a meat eater.

The thing is, I love vegetarian food. I'm not a hardcore carnivore. I eat meat purely out of laziness - I can't be bothered to be selective about the food I choose.

How can I take a first step to being vegetarian? How do I keep it up with a meat eating boyfriend?

HELP ME PLEASE!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    honestly, the best way to transition from being meat eating to vegetarian is through becoming a pescatarian first because it is less of a hassle.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, take your time. Have one vegetarian day per week and then gradually increase it until you just eat vegetarian food. It's pretty easy being a vegetarian and having a meat eating boyfriend isn't a problem. My ex was a meat eater and it didn't cause any problems at all. Vegetarians are cheaper to buy dinner for and you can make food for your other half and he can do the same

Oh yeah, and vegetarians last longer in bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    honestly, the best way to transition from being meat eating to vegetarian is through becoming a pescatarian first because it is less of a hassle.
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Honestly, take your time. Have one vegetarian day per week and then gradually increase it until you just eat vegetarian food. It's pretty easy being a vegetarian and having a meat eating boyfriend isn't a problem. My ex was a meat eater and it didn't cause any problems at all. Vegetarians are cheaper to buy dinner for and you can make food for your other half and he can do the same

Oh yeah, and vegetarians last longer in bed
    Thanks guys! I do already have quite a few meat free days a week I reckon, but I should probably monitor it more closely, to actually make sure I have 100% veggie days. Then I think I will go pescatarian for a while.... going from that to veggie will be hard though because I love fish! But thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    Going vegetarian is quite easy. Most restaurants are accommodating. When eating out I recommend checking menus ahead of time online or calling ahead. You will find as a veggie you can still eat lots of your favourite meals with a veggie twist. There are loads of recipes online. Just google what you fancy and you'll find loads.

It is also worthwhile making sure you are good at reading ingredients lists. It is not a legal requirement to label food as vegetarian or not so many still don't bother. There are meat products hidden in all sorts of things, especially sweets and chocolate. You may also want to look at changing your cosmetics for vegetarian and cruelty free ones. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't buy any more meat.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.