Turn on thread page Beta

Class - new Doctor Who spin-off watch

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else watching Class, the new Doctor Who spinoff? I'm not really a Doctor Who fan, but Class is actually pretty well-written and pretty funny (and a bit gruesome). I also think the lead Charlie (who is actually an alien prince) and his boyfriend Matteusz (who is just a normal Polish lad) are a totally adorable couple

And of course here is the obligatory Charlie x Matteusz Tumblr gif

The show is available on iPlayer

ReputationRep:
    I love Class! It's incredibly well written, which is only to be expected by Patrick Ness. Doctor Who has been going so downhill at the moment, so I'm really glad that Class is so good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieRose333)
    I love Class! It's incredibly well written, which is only to be expected by Patrick Ness. Doctor Who has been going so downhill at the moment, so I'm really glad that Class is so good
    Isn't Katherine Kelly utterly hilarious? And Greg Austin (who plays Charlie) is so brilliant, I love how he can convey so much comic meaning in his cute facial expressions.

Hey, I was wondering have you seen In The Flesh? It's an absolutely brilliant BBC3 series about after the zombie apocalypse; they've found a treatment that allows the zombies not to crave brains and go mad, so these zombies go back to live in the community with their families (they need their daily injections to prevent them from going all zombie). It's absolutely superb

ReputationRep:
    Charlie x Matteusz! Episode 3 is just brilliant with these two. Greg Austin is such a good actor.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    yeh, I think it's pretty good, glad I found it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    Is anyone else watching Class, the new Doctor Who spinoff? I'm not really a Doctor Who fan, but Class is actually pretty well-written and pretty funny (and a bit gruesome). I also think the lead Charlie (who is actually an alien prince) and his boyfriend Matteusz (who is just a normal Polish lad) are a totally adorable couple

It is wonderfully crafted and I don't think anyone could dispute what you've written here. But, why are you not a Doctor Who fan? :beard: That hurts me.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Conceited)
    It is wonderfully crafted and I don't think anyone could dispute what you've written here. But, why are you not a Doctor Who fan? :beard: That hurts me.
    To be fair, I think Doctor Who has gone massively downhill since after David Tennant left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    To be fair, I think Doctor Who has gone massively downhill since after David Tennant left.
    What makes you say that. Matt Smith was stellar as the Doctor and Capaldi is doing brilliantly. It's certainly hard to live up to Tennant but I think the continuation has been good overall.

ReputationRep:
    What an ending, was not expecting it. What did you all think of the series?

(Original post by AlexanderHam)

OMG YES! I love this series.Am waiting for the next one
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by TartanGibby)
    What an ending, was not expecting it. What did you all think of the series?
    Oh my god, I totally forgot it was on last night - the previews for it have looked like it's going to be pretty intense, and I've found throughout the episodes previously that unlike some shows which have sporadic bits of action among slower bits, the episodes tend to be just jam packed full of action from beginning to end! Will watch it this evening for sure!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching it,and loving it so far. Marlie is soo adorable,just hope nothing happens to them.

Just got to watch today's episode...which I'm dreading

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I don't know what to think of it. Saying that though, I have watched every single one but the last (which I will watch) so I must like it. I like the sci-fi elements to it and the general generic story-lines to each episode, however, it kind of does feel a little.... cringy and confusing. I haven't a clue how the shadowkin or whatever stole her heart nor how she managed to grow arms and miraculously gave her mum the ability to walk again. The sequence of events really don't seem to make a lot of sense for me and I'd rather it did. The character development seemed a little rushed.

I'm no critic though and I do enjoy watching it still. I like anything Dr Who related!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Oh my god! Can't wait for the next series!!!! That was such a good episode - that and the first were my favourites by far!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.