Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im thinking of choosing sussex through clearing to do maths, ive never been what's it really like? is the accom really that far away from the campus? advice greatly appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    one of my mates does maths and enjoys it. ive really enjoyed my first year here... its a bit different to a big civic city uni but as its on one campus you have a real sense of community here which lacks in many other unis. academically sussex is good throughout all subjects, and very good in particular areas such as social sciences and chemistry. Its is probably one of the most "alternative" unis you can go to too.. probably as were right next to brighton.. but with that you get a whole range of different types of people which makes it have a very unique feel. Personally i feel with sussex your situated in THE student city in the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenaughtyjoker)
    one of my mates does maths and enjoys it. ive really enjoyed my first year here... its a bit different to a big civic city uni but as its on one campus you have a real sense of community here which lacks in many other unis. academically sussex is good throughout all subjects, and very good in particular areas such as social sciences and chemistry. Its is probably one of the most "alternative" unis you can go to too.. probably as were right next to brighton.. but with that you get a whole range of different types of people which makes it have a very unique feel. Personally i feel with sussex your situated in THE student city in the country.
    Love this post, I can't wait for October now
    And to the OP, the majority of the accomodation is on the campus, come to Sussex! (Also you're so close to London, it seems the best of all worlds... the location was one of the main reasons I chose this uni.)

ReputationRep:
    It's kind of like the feeling you get when you've eaten too much cake.

ReputationRep:
    The university has a very nice atmosphere, I know a few people who have just graduated or are still there. They say it's an awesome uni, it's also in such a nice location. Brighton is a really great place, there's always something to do and of course there is the sea.
    Accomodation is on campus so is very close to the main bit. Even if you're off campus you're quite near.
    Sussex as a county is one of the best in England. You have the Downs just down the road, you've got a lot of really nice places that are quite near like Horsham, Worthing etc. Plus you're very near to London.

ReputationRep:
    I do maths and it's really good. Not nearly as many weirdos as I'd expected and my year is practically half and half boys and girls. Don't worry if you don't understand pure noone else does either! Just go to all the workshops and you will be fine! Living on campus is great 5 mins walk to uni!

ReputationRep:
    your replies may have just persuaded me to choose Sussex. Ive got to make a decision before 12:30 :eek4: so you guys may have just put me one step forward in deciding to choose sussex, thanks Is it hard to get self-catered accom if you're a clearing student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    your replies may have just persuaded me to choose Sussex. Ive got to make a decision before 12:30 :eek4: so you guys may have just put me one step forward in deciding to choose sussex, thanks Is it hard to get self-catered accom if you're a clearing student?
    Is it not all self-catered? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Laura. <3)
    Is it not all self-catered? :confused:
    yeah i know im just asking how hards it get accom if a clearing student?

ReputationRep:
    Found this on the Sussex website:

If we make you an offer and you return your Clearing Passport to us we will then send you a Clearing Housing Application form. Upon receipt of this form the University's Housing Office will try to find you a place in University-managed accommodation. We cannot guarantee to find housing for Clearing applicants, but will try our best to find host-family accommodation for you if there are no University-owned rooms available.

There's some information here.

ReputationRep:
    So did you choose Sussex Eugenius?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proton Boy)
    So did you choose Sussex Eugenius?
    yep, just managed to post my clearing passport before the posts were collected im hoping it arrives before the vacancies are filled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_hamster)
    Found this on the Sussex website:

If we make you an offer and you return your Clearing Passport to us we will then send you a Clearing Housing Application form. Upon receipt of this form the University's Housing Office will try to find you a place in University-managed accommodation. We cannot guarantee to find housing for Clearing applicants, but will try our best to find host-family accommodation for you if there are no University-owned rooms available.

There's some information here.
    thanks

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.