Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

i need something clarifying... say, i was able to defer my entries to uni until 2005 Sept(i'd have to do that for both firm and insurance i presume)... okay... so... does that mean thorughout 2004-5, I can't apply using ucas for another course just to see how that turns out? :confused: (if that makes sense)

ReputationRep:
    It certainly does. (how many of us now have entertained genius plots of securing our current places whilst simultaneously taking a shot at our dream course? )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *skye*)
    Hey!

i need something clarifying... say, i was able to defer my entries to uni until 2005 Sept(i'd have to do that for both firm and insurance i presume)... okay... so... does that mean thorughout 2004-5, I can't apply using ucas for another course just to see how that turns out? :confused: (if that makes sense)
    you would only be able to defer entry after your results- eg. you would be accepted by the uni and then you would tell them you wanted to defer entry until next year, but you would be guaranteed a place. It does mean that you can't apply for anything else. if you want to apply for another course, then you must decline your place at the university this year and reapply- new personal statement etc..... or, if you deferred your place you could attempt to change your course at the same uni for 2005, but you would need a very good reason to do this.

Hope this helps

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    you would only be able to defer entry after your results- eg. you would be accepted by the uni and then you would tell them you wanted to defer entry until next year, but you would be guaranteed a place. It does mean that you can't apply for anything else. if you want to apply for another course, then you must decline your place at the university this year and reapply- new personal statement etc..... or, if you deferred your place you could attempt to change your course at the same uni for 2005, but you would need a very good reason to do this.

Hope this helps

Ruthie xx
    yeh thanks everyone who replied!... its does...! lol... hmm looks like ive got some big decisions to make then!

Speaking of which... say i had accepted an offer and then i rejected then and sed i didnt want to do it... Does that mean I won't be able to reapply at the same place for the same course in future should my "dream" course fall thru? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    yeh thanks everyone who replied!... its does...! lol... hmm looks like ive got some big decisions to make then!

Speaking of which... say i had accepted an offer and then i rejected then and sed i didnt want to do it... Does that mean I won't be able to reapply at the same place for the same course in future should my "dream" course fall thru? cos surely theyd think "oh look the pain is back again"... lol
    Cheers

oops sorry i meant to edit, not post twice! silly me

ReputationRep:

Speaking of which... say i had accepted an offer and then i rejected then and sed i didnt want to do it... Does that mean I won't be able to reapply at the same place for the same course in future should my "dream" course fall thru? Cheers
    no, there is nothing to stop you reapplying to the same university for the same course- but of course there is no guarantee that they will accept you the second time- you may have to give them a good reason why you turned them down before....

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    no, there is nothing to stop you reapplying to the same university for the same course- but of course there is no guarantee that they will accept you the second time- you may have to give them a good reason why you turned them down before....

Ruthie xx
    oh... lol... damn. lol. My reason and whatever i say would make me sound so uncommited either way...

ReputationRep:
    oh... lol... damn. lol. My reason and whatever i say would make me sound so uncommited either way...
    You could just go along the- 'i made a really big mistake turning you down, and i know i don't deserve a second chance but....oh by the way i baked some cookies, would you like one?' route!!

ReputationRep:
    You could just go along the- 'i made a really big mistake turning you down, and i know i don't deserve a second chance but....oh by the way i baked some cookies, would you like one?' route!!
    LOL... hmm there's an idea! hmm i can bake nice cookies and cakes.... it could work.... lol

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, just another question....

I can't decide whether to defer my entry and take a gap year or not, but for some reason I think I will be able to tell by the time I receive my results! If on August the 19th when I get my results, I then decide I want to take a gap year, am I allowed to defer for a year even if I've already been accepted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steerpike1985)
    Sorry, just another question....

I can't decide whether to defer my entry and take a gap year or not, but for some reason I think I will be able to tell by the time I receive my results! If on August the 19th when I get my results, I then decide I want to take a gap year, am I allowed to defer for a year even if I've already been accepted?
    yes, you just need to phone your university department and speak to the admissions tutor- explain you want to defer your place.....
    it shouldn't be a problem but you need to speak to them on results day...
    i deferred my place after results- they just told me to write them a letter, which i did....or you could contact them now and explain you are considering it and what do you have to do if you decide you want to defer??

ReputationRep:
    Thank you :-) Now I just have to make up my mind!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what view Cambridge would take if I asked to defer my entry after receiving an offer for this coming year?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone???

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.