Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You Know What It Is)
    thanks NCFC

Youve helped me made my desicion. Im definetly going to Beaumont now.

Btw wot does NCFC stand for - is it Notts County Football Club
    Glad I could be of service, you're making the right decision!

Its Norwich City lol!

Seein as you're a sports person, play any cricket?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ncfcstar)
    Last year they were the same price if I remember right.

Digby is at the bottom of Stoughton Drive South about 5 mins walk from the other halls in the area, so it doesn't get involved so much in the banter, and also the JCR was defunct last year which meant Digby had to share some events with Beaumont and still hardly any of them turned up. It just seems out of the way.

You aren't supposed to have a mini-fridge, but I know lots of people who did, just hide it when room inspections take place!
    Room inspections?:eek: :ninja: What to see if you've made your bed and taken the trash out?:p: Or do you only get a room inspection if you've been naughty doing something you shouldn't be or wih no TV license? How often do these room inspections occur and do you know when the'll come so that you can prepare for them, as it were?:p: :angel:

ReputationRep:

Its Norwich City lol!

Seein as you're a sports person, play any cricket?

No i dont really play any cricket. Ive just started getting more interested in the sport tho since the cricket world cup and look 4wd to seeing the twenty 20 world cup.

Ive played street cricket once or twice but that was ages ago and it wasnt really proper cricket we jus played on the streets (in leicester actually on those long streets full of parked cars) using one of those wheely bins as a wicket lol it was jokes!!!

BTW I support Man United and Milton Keynes Dons.

Supported Man united tho long b4 Milton Keynes even had there own team so thats how ive ended up supporting 2 teams.
    (Im from Milton Keynes by the way)

ReputationRep:
    The website reconds Beaumont will be catered, does anyone have a recomendation for self-catered (it may be my first year but I'm one hell of a picky eater) and does anyone know whhy you can't have a mini fridge in your room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopylouise)
    The website reconds Beaumont will be catered, does anyone have a recomendation for self-catered (it may be my first year but I'm one hell of a picky eater) and does anyone know whhy you can't have a mini fridge in your room?
    Well I know you can get self catered in New hall because ive been allocated a self catered room in there.

Also it says you can have a mini fridge because the electricity supply in the halls is only 2 amps or something like that and basically mini fridges powerful hairdryers etc need more than that to work properly so it can blow the fuses in the halls and knock out everyones electricity

ReputationRep:
    Its decided Im goin for a room in beaumont.

But ive changed my mind on whether the room should have a wash basin.
    Im likely to coose an ensuite one.

Can someone tell me how this affects your room size or space compared to those with just a wash basin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    Well I know you can get self catered in New hall because ive been allocated a self catered room in there.
    Did you get a room in the pavillions or in one of those houses (e.g. Coppice)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)

Also it says you can have a mini fridge because the electricity supply in the halls is only 2 amps or something like that and basically mini fridges powerful hairdryers etc need more than that to work properly so it can blow the fuses in the halls and knock out everyones electricity
    ah, that makes sense, thanks fellow louise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrGuillotine)
    Did you get a room in the pavillions or in one of those houses (e.g. Coppice)?
    Im in one of the new builds not the old houses
    Im in Huncote.

ReputationRep:
    Its decided Im goin for a room in beaumont.

But ive changed my mind on whether the room should have a wash basin.
    Im likely to coose an ensuite one.

Can someone tell me how this affects your room size or space compared to those with just a wash basin

No ones answered my question yet

ReputationRep:
    No ones answered my question yet
    Doesn't really make much of a difference to room size, the blocks are slightly smaller about 20 people, nice rooms there though, don't hold out on getting an en-suite though I applied for one and didn't get it, but seriously it doesn't matter too much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinelem)
    Room inspections?:eek: :ninja: What to see if you've made your bed and taken the trash out?:p: Or do you only get a room inspection if you've been naughty doing something you shouldn't be or wih no TV license? How often do these room inspections occur and do you know when the'll come so that you can prepare for them, as it were?:p: :angel:
    You just have room inspections now and again to make sure you don't have stuff in there you shouldn't i.e. a mini fridge, but you get plenty of notice meaning you can move 'illegal' stuff without people finding out and then put it back straight away! It was usually about once a term thats all!

Oh and they say about the 2 amp thing but I think its *******s, we all had stuff that ran over that and the fuses never went so don't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    how did u end up without an ensuite one and still end up in beaumont. i thought room type takes priority so u would have probs ended up at ur 2nd choice of halls.

ReputationRep:
    how did u end up without an ensuite one and still end up in beaumont. i thought room type takes priority so u would have probs ended up at ur 2nd choice of halls.
    I know quite a few people who ended up the same, I think the majority of en-suite rooms are given to returning 2nd and 3rd years, you may get one, but otherwise I reckon they will put you in another part of Beaumont as they did myself and many of my mates!

ReputationRep:
    I know quite a few people who ended up the same, I think the majority of en-suite rooms are given to returning 2nd and 3rd years, you may get one, but otherwise I reckon they will put you in another part of Beaumont as they did myself and many of my mates!
    Hope so cos i defo want to stay in beaumont now. The atmosphere will b amzing

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.