Turn on thread page Beta

Quitting university. dont know what to do with life watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay I have made tue decision to quit computer science, this decision came as a default, I didn't want to quot but im kind of forced since im failling my programming class soo bad. During my A-levels I used to be good with theory subjects like bio and eco but when it comes to application subjects like math I feel like a tsunami just hit me everytime when I come out of the exam

Im trying to look for alternatives to computer science, somethig that doesnt involve programming but still in the STEM field. please help
    I got 30% overall on my programming class, theres a makeup test written next week friday I need to score atleast 80%, im 100% sure I will never do that.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If youre good at Bio at A level then why not got for biology/ bioche/ biomed etc ? Are these options for u or nahh?

ReputationRep:
    Alright just hold on. First of all, consider taking the test and put in your all. By that I literally mean work your hardest you’ve ever worked, hire some professional tutors to teach you etc. If you really believe that “when it comes to application subjects like math I feel like a tsunami just hit me”
    Then you really need to work on changing that regardless – don’t think you can escape. This is because application is so important. If you’re looking for STEM subjects, you will need application – that’s what knowledge is all about – applying it, so don’t think you can escape. On the other hand, you may not actually like STEM, but maybe you’re more philosophical or writing cause you said you like the theory and stuff.
    If you’re planning on making a switch, you maybe shouldn’t have come to TSR first – but rather researched IN DEPTH AND HEAVILY on other things related to STEM yourself that doesn’t involve programming. I mean, if you don’t like programming, why not just leave the computer aspect out of it? Not all STEM things require very application-heavy tasks.
    http://www.usnews.com/news/stem-solu...ses-a-stem-job
    http://mashable.com/2013/02/05/10-aw.../#GNh64Ym35kqM
    Honestly, you have to be VERY prepared and looking in advance and possibly contacting companies already if necessary. You also need some work experience/internship or something, well not really but at least it would really help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valbrechts)
    If youre good at Bio at A level then why not got for biology/ bioche/ biomed etc ? Are these options for u or nahh?
    When its comes to health science, its medicine or nothing. I have missed my boat on medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiritsugu)
    Alright just hold on. First of all, consider taking the test and put in your all. By that I literally mean work your hardest you’ve ever worked, hire some professional tutors to teach you etc. If you really believe that “when it comes to application subjects like math I feel like a tsunami just hit me”
    Then you really need to work on changing that regardless – don’t think you can escape. This is because application is so important. If you’re looking for STEM subjects, you will need application – that’s what knowledge is all about – applying it, so don’t think you can escape. On the other hand, you may not actually like STEM, but maybe you’re more philosophical or writing cause you said you like the theory and stuff.
    If you’re planning on making a switch, you maybe shouldn’t have come to TSR first – but rather researched IN DEPTH AND HEAVILY on other things related to STEM yourself that doesn’t involve programming. I mean, if you don’t like programming, why not just leave the computer aspect out of it? Not all STEM things require very application-heavy tasks.
    http://www.usnews.com/news/stem-solu...ses-a-stem-job
    http://mashable.com/2013/02/05/10-aw.../#GNh64Ym35kqM
    Honestly, you have to be VERY prepared and looking in advance and possibly contacting companies already if necessary. You also need some work experience/internship or something, well not really but at least it would really help.
    Thanks alot this does help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdling_CompSci)
    Thanks alot this does help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you be specific in how it helps?

Also, what are you planning to do now? Or, do you have any ideas in mind?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.