Turn on thread page Beta

Skin lightening watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys so I have noticed that in areas of my face , has turned really dark and I have tried so many remedies/creams to help but it is not effective.

Can someone please give me advice on effective ways to lighten your skin and ways that have worked before

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Lemon/Lime is good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naya104)
    Lemon/Lime is good
    I heard that makes you get break outs and burns your skin??

ReputationRep:
    It was great for me! It tingles but it didn't burn my face at all or give me acne. If your skin is cracked then I wouldn't recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard of Korean skin whitening products. A chemical peel might help. http://www.omniya.co.uk/beauty/treatments/peels/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naya104)
    It was great for me! It tingles but it didn't burn my face at all or give me acne. If your skin is cracked then I wouldn't recommend it.
    No my skin is not clear cracked and did you actually see the results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I've heard of Korean skin whitening products. A chemical peel might help. http://www.omniya.co.uk/beauty/treatments/peels/
    😳when you look at the price

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melanies321)
    No my skin is not clear cracked and did you actually see the results?
    Yeah after some weeks I could see clear results. It just takes patience tbh. The results can take a while to appear but it works

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys so I have noticed that in areas of my face , has turned really dark and I have tried so many remedies/creams to help but it is not effective.

Can someone please give me advice on effective ways to lighten your skin and ways that have worked before

Thanks in advance
    niacinamide aka vitamin b3 is very helpful

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend you to use “Honey” on your face. Honey is the natural ingredient free from chemicals that without drying gives a glowing and shiny effect to the skin.

ReputationRep:
    Licensed treatments for uneven pigementation are usually based on hydroquinnone, in differing strength topical applications. They are usually prescribed by a dermatologist and have to be used very carefully as they can damage the skin and, ironically, make hyperpigmentation worse if used incorrectly.

There's a lot of black market topical applications on the internet which claim to lighten skin, some based on hydroquinnone, but should be avoided - you don't know what's in them/what strength they are and they could cause serious and irreversible damage to skin. The safest thing is to see your doctor if you're worried about uneven pigmentation.

ReputationRep:
    To make a skin-lightening mask, combine one teaspoon each of honey and lemon juice, one tablespoon of powdered milk, and one-half teaspoon of almond oil. Mix them well and apply it gently on the skin. Leave it on for 10 to15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Licensed treatments for uneven pigementation are usually based on hydroquinnone, in differing strength topical applications. They are usually prescribed by a dermatologist and have to be used very carefully as they can damage the skin and, ironically, make hyperpigmentation worse if used incorrectly.

There's a lot of black market topical applications on the internet which claim to lighten skin, some based on hydroquinnone, but should be avoided - you don't know what's in them/what strength they are and they could cause serious and irreversible damage to skin. The safest thing is to see your doctor if you're worried about uneven pigmentation.
    Hi have researched a little on hydroquinnone and saw that only doctors can prescribe this .. I have also read the side effects and in all honesty I don't think this will actually work on my skin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1234moon)
    To make a skin-lightening mask, combine one teaspoon each of honey and lemon juice, one tablespoon of powdered milk, and one-half teaspoon of almond oil. Mix them well and apply it gently on the skin. Leave it on for 10 to15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
    Hi , does this actually work .. I've been using something similar which is:

tumeric, gram flour (besan), honey, rose water and little bit of milk????

And can the lemon juice be the one you get from the bottle or?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1234moon)
    Hi 1234moon have you tried this because i have and saw excellent results

ReputationRep:
    Let's be serious people! These 'natural' skin lightening properties do not work.
    DO NOT USE LEMON. It burns, and it makes your skin super sensitive.
    Mate, are you using the obvious? USE SUNCREAM with a good SPF.
    Also, try using retinol. It peels your skin, and it gives you an even skin tone.
    Again use suncream. Yes, all day everyday. Even when it's cloudy, due to the sun rays.
    That's what I used after using bloody natural remedies.
    I'm all for natural, but not when it comes to skin lightening.
    You need to use something proper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinashe_k)
    Hi 1234moon have you tried this because i have and saw excellent results
    Hi, to be honest I haven't myself by heard that it works wonders (found it online)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BEAN!)
    Let's be serious people! These 'natural' skin lightening properties do not work.
    DO NOT USE LEMON. It burns, and it makes your skin super sensitive.
    Mate, are you using the obvious? USE SUNCREAM with a good SPF.
    Also, try using retinol. It peels your skin, and it gives you an even skin tone.
    Again use suncream. Yes, all day everyday. Even when it's cloudy, due to the sun rays.
    That's what I used after using bloody natural remedies.
    I'm all for natural, but not when it comes to skin lightening.
    You need to use something proper.
    I've recently started using suncream with SPF50 what SPF do you use?

ReputationRep:
    marry into some whites

ReputationRep:
    Hi , does this actually work .. I've been using something similar which is:

tumeric, gram flour (besan), honey, rose water and little bit of milk????

And can the lemon juice be the one you get from the bottle or?
    I use the same but with yoghurt instesd of milk, it gives it a better consistency and dries better. It's supposed to be good for removal of light hairs too, if you let it dry up completely and then peel/scrub it off instead of applying water straight away

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.