Turn on thread page Beta

Private University watch

ReputationRep:
    Your heart may be screaming to go, but your wallet says "oh dear God, no!"
    (sorry, haven't gone to bed yet....)

If you're in a situation where money is genuinely no problem, then by all means, go for it. Your original post however, would suggest that finances are a factor.

I suspect you've also got that feeling of "I want THAT one, and absolutely no other one will do!" Which is almost certainly not true. There are very good unis out there which will not charge those fees, and thus taking a year out to re-sit and re-apply wouldn't be imprudent. You will get better A-level grades in the process, and have the chance to earn some cash/travel/play hoopla.

If you are utterly set on uni this year, scrutinise the clearing lists very carefully. There's no doubt that this private uni were keen to have you, (who does say "no" to £11k a year?), but there are bound to be better options, financially speaking.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on whether your be quite happy having to explain what/where and who the european business school/university is to every employee you send you cv into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ)
    Depends on whether your be quite happy having to explain what/where and who the european business school/university is to every employee you send you cv into.

Exactly. I dont think anyone here has heard of this place, and I am sure that will be the same with employers. If you really want to go then fine, but if you think that somehow paying this extra money is going to give you a brand name even though you made abit of a mess of your A Level results than you are very mistaken. Just thought I should warn you. You said your grades dropped from AAB to CCD and thats all the schools fault, maybe you just didnt do as well as you thought you could, and if you really do think you should have done better than just take a year out and re-sit.

ReputationRep:
    Your much better off at queen Mary imo... Never good to risk financial turmoil during studies, it will take over your life. QM is also a decent uni with a decent rep (UoL and all).

ReputationRep:
    I would STRONGLY suggest you go to Queen Mary instead. If you really put your career over anything else, you are much better off going to Queen Mary as it's a very decent uni with a good reputation. You will regret spending 33K on an undergrad business degree from EBS.

And FYI, there are over 3000 unis in america. And EBS is certainly not ranked number 24.

All the best.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.