Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Recently came across the Mandela effect and actually, I'm gobsmacked.

Here's a list of Mandela effect's I've come across.

I always thought the Mona Lisa had a straight, expressionless face but actually she has a smirk.

The famous line in Snow White isn't Mirror mirror on the wall but Magic mirror on the wall.

Febreeze has always been spelt as Febreze and Looney Toons as Looney Tunes.

Not too sure what this is to be honest.

Anyone, remember different or same as me?
    Would love to know your thoughts to this. This is pretty interesting to me.

ReputationRep:
    SuperHuman98 CheeseIsVeg

ReputationRep:
    Omggggggg i stan this **** so hard it acc scares me
    Esp the Looney Toons thing
    Like i sweaaarrr the whole thing about it was that it wasn't spelled right

And that Sex In The City is actualy Sex And The City

Like what kinda BS is that -.-'

Proof bitatchhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Omggggggg i stan this **** so hard it acc scares me
    Esp the Looney Toons thing
    Like i sweaaarrr the whole thing about it was that it wasn't spelled right

And that Sex In The City is actualy Sex And The City

Like what kinda BS is that -.-'

Proof bitatchhh
    WHen you think a test went really well then the results are bad that is proof of the mandela effect

Jk i think its just misconceptions spiralling out of control. that sex in the city box possible printing mistake?

ReputationRep:
    They tried it with the Sex in the City one LOL

Thanks for the proof!

ReputationRep:
    Just looked it up and can confirm that's some wacky ****.

ReputationRep:
    The term 'Mandela effect' was founded by a lady who recalled Mandela's death in the 1980s. Her along with 1000s of people recalled the same event. People remember news coverage on his death, tribute assembly and others remember being taught in school about his life and death. Those that remembered him dying in the 80s were shocked to discover his recent death in 2013.

If not for this, I'd probably dismiss these recollections and blame it on bad memory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    WHen you think a test went really well then the results are bad that is proof of the mandela effect

Jk i think its just misconceptions spiralling out of control. that sex in the city box possible printing mistake?
    They got a bad printer then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elise213)
    The term 'Mandela effect' was founded by a lady who recalled Mandela's death in the 1980s. Her along with 1000s of people recalled the same event. People remember news coverage on his death, tribute assembly and others remember being taught in school about his life and death. Those that remembered him dying in the 80s were shocked to discover his recent death in 2013.

If not for this, I'd probably dismiss these recollections and blame it on bad memory.
    I acc thought he was dead too :eek: but i thought it was just me

This is from an acc book that was published oct 1991 called 'English Alive'. It's a textbook as well i think not even any book. So its not just people's memories we are relying on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    The reason it is called "Sex in the City" as opposed to "Sex and the City" is just the perfume company's way of getting around paying royalties to the show.
    i.e. it has no affiliation with the HBO TV series

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    I acc thought he was dead too :eek: but i thought it was just me

This is from an acc book that was published oct 1991 called 'English Alive'. It's a textbook as well i think not even any book. So its not just people's memories we are relying on.
    Wow. Why wasn't there a massive uproar on his "second death"??

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Why wasn't there a massive uproar on his "second death"??
    Idk tbh - but thats why it was called the Mandela Effect so a lot of people mustve been mind****ed over it

(Original post by DarkEnergy)
    The reason it is called "Sex in the City" as opposed to "Sex and the City" is just the perfume company's way of getting around paying royalties to the show.
    i.e. it has no affiliation with the HBO TV series
    O... How do you know it aint official merch doe

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a believer in this kinda stuff, but I'll leave one for you

The Monopoly Guy: Did he ever have a monocle?
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:

The evidence for mandela is a book, but the book was was actually fiction by a student trying to predict the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    The evidence for mandela is a book, but the book was was actually fiction by a student trying to predict the future
    Fair enough. What about many people recalling the same event?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    :facepalm:
    __

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.