Turn on thread page Beta

Philippines president Duterte : I will never swear again because God told me so watch

ReputationRep:
    The outspoken Filipino president, Rodrigo Duterte, has vowed to never swear again after he made to a promise to God.

Mr Duterte has become known for his profanity – such as calling Pope Francis a “son of a *****” and telling US President Barack Obama to “go to hell” for his criticism of the war on drugs which has seen the extrajudicial killings of thousands of people since June.

The controversial politician made the pledge when he returned to his home city of Davao City in the south of the country after a trip to Japan on Thursday.

He explained that while he was flying home he heard a voice threatening to down the plane if he did not stop swearing.

He said heard the voice say ‘If you don't stop epithets, I will bring this plane down now’.“And I said, 'Who is this?'

So, of course, 'it's God’”, the continued. “So, I promise God to ... not express slang, cuss words and everything.

“So you guys hear me right always because a promise to God is a promise to the Filipino people.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7384166.html

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame God forgot to re-iterate 'thou shalt not kill'.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.