Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Looking to apply for politics with development and a year abroad. Just wanted to know does anybody know the options UEA give to students for rhwm to study at a uni on year abroad? I'm hoping to go to America so if anybidy could give advice about where to go or if I should go to another country instead?
    But yeah also wanted to know is UEA fun? I'm really into clubbing and partying in general so would UEA cover me in that way?!
    Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a business course, and I've been offered a year abroad, options given to me were mainly english speaking, so US, Canada, Australia, a few in Europe and then quite a few Asian Universities.

UEA is defo fun! The club on campus (LCR) has student nights Tuesday and Saturday nights, as well as various gigs/events throughout the week. In the city centre there's literally a street (Prince of Wales) full of clubs, there's always something on everyni ght, and there's so much choice, you'll defo find something you like. Mercy and Mantra are the most popular, and the Waterfront is really good on a Friday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m0hd_J)
    Looking to apply for politics with development and a year abroad. Just wanted to know does anybody know the options UEA give to students for rhwm to study at a uni on year abroad? I'm hoping to go to America so if anybidy could give advice about where to go or if I should go to another country instead?
    But yeah also wanted to know is UEA fun? I'm really into clubbing and partying in general so would UEA cover me in that way?!
    Thanks in advance!
    One of the things I liked about UEA was how popular the campus club is- Tuesdays are themed nights where you can dress up if you want and Saturday is a standard club night. Then a sj10 said you do of course have clubs in town.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    But yeah also wanted to know is UEA fun?
    We'll let others input on the last question, but we've been consistently ranked in the Top 5 of the National Student Survey for student satisfaction, and a top performer for Student Experience in various league tables. Hopefully the stats speak for themselves.

Have you taken a look at our Study Abroad (Outgoing) pages on our website? https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/study-abroad/outgoing

ReputationRep:
    There are like 17,000 students at UEA you're not going to be alone! I think it's a misconception that Norwich is quiet. There's some areas that cater for everyone. Jeremy Kyle came to Norwich recently for an ITV documentary and was concerned by how wild the city can be, ha.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 1, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of East Anglia (UEA)
    UEA Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of East Anglia (UEA)
    UEA Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.