Turn on thread page Beta

Gay Somali, hopeful medic, considering leaving Islam watch

ReputationRep:
    AMA

What do you want us to ask lol

how are your parents with your sexuality?

I don't know what to say. That's just really sad. I'm sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Ok
    Did you tell your hoyo?
    If not. Do you plan to?
    How do you think your hoyo will react?
    Do you have a boyfriend (if a boy) or a girlfriend (if your a girl)
    Do you believe our somali culture has a mentality that is said to be 'unfair' to homos?
    How old?
    You want to be a medic? what did you get in your GCSE? What are your predicted at A-levels? How do you think you'll do in BMAT or UKCAT?
    Do you believe you'll stay close with your family if you do come out to them?
    What made you leave islam other than the reason it being against homosexuality?

and finally the test to prove your'e somali.....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Warya do you like banana and rice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What do you want us to ask lol
    Lool I was just hoping any another gay Somalis who haven't come out yet could ask questions here. The gay Somali community exists but it's clearly just kept very discrete haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    how are your parents with your sexuality?
    I haven't actually come out to them yet - I doubt they would accept me. I'm going to wait until I'm financially independent to come out to them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't know what to say. That's just really sad. I'm sorry.
    Nothing to be sorry about

ReputationRep:
    For one, I don't understand why people say that they're "considering to leave Islam". Either you believe in God or you don't; just because you're now gay, that shouldn't change the aforementioned.

On the contrary, tens of thousands of people are leaving Islam every year, especially here in the UK. If you're an independent person, then don't be afraid to leave Islam.

Sent from phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    Ok
    Did you tell your hoyo?
    If not. Do you plan to?
    How do you think your hoyo will react?
    Do you have a boyfriend (if a boy) or a girlfriend (if your a girl)
    Do you believe our somali culture has a mentality that is said to be 'unfair' to homos?
    How old?
    You want to be a medic? what did you get in your GCSE? What are your predicted at A-levels? How do you think you'll do in BMAT or UKCAT?
    Do you believe you'll stay close with your family if you do come out to them?
    What made you leave islam other than the reason it being against homosexuality?

and finally the test to prove your'e somali.....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Warya do you like banana and rice?
    Nah I haven't told my Hoyo yet loool. If I meet someone whilst at med school and things get quite serious then yh I'll probably tell my family but I'll have to make sure that I'm financially independent first. I doubt she would be understanding at first but who knows what'll Happen if I give her some time.

Nah I don't have a boyfriend im not out yet... I'll plan to wait until university before getting into relationships with other guys. Yeah I think the ideologies the Somali culture holds are quite unfair aha but hopefully one day they'll be a bit more liberal.

I'm 19, finished school & on a gap year. I got 6A*s, 4As and a B in my gcses.
    I got 3A*s at A-Level and 740 average in my ukcat. Fekkk the bmat I cba for that **** but i low-key wanted to go to imperial *sigh*

I'll make an effort to stay close to my family but ultimately it's up to them to decide how they react. I haven't left Islam yet, ive just sorta stopped practising. I'll try to reconcile with Islam and my sexuality whilst at uni but who knows lol. I sorta just stopped practising because I never seemed to feel any sort of connection in my prayers.

Loada questions phew haha

Oh and P.S baariis and moos 4 dayzzzzz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annon2879)
    Nah I haven't told my Hoyo yet loool. If I meet someone whilst at med school and things get quite serious then yh I'll probably tell my family but I'll have to make sure that I'm financially independent first. I doubt she would be understanding at first but who knows what'll Happen if I give her some time.

Nah I don't have a boyfriend im not out yet... I'll plan to wait until university before getting into relationships with other guys. Yeah I think the ideologies the Somali culture holds are quite unfair aha but hopefully one day they'll be a bit more liberal.

I got 3A*s at A-Level and 740 average in my ukcat. Fekkk the bmat I cba for that **** but i low-key wanted to go to imperial *sigh*

I'll make an effort to stay close to my family but ultimately it's up to them to decide how they react. I haven't left Islam yet, ive just sorta stopped practising. I'll try to reconcile with Islam and my sexuality whilst at uni but who knows lol. I sorta just stopped practising because I never seemed to feel any sort of connection in my prayers.

facanta?, goos goos warya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    For one, I don't understand why people say that they're "considering to leave Islam". Either you believe in God or you don't; just because you're now gay, that shouldn't change the aforementioned.

On the contrary, tens of thousands of people are leaving Islam every year, especially here in the UK. If you're an independent person, then don't be afraid to leave Islam.

Sent from phone.
    But Islam isn't the only religion that believes in God lol?
    They could be considering converting to Christianity - which also involves leaving Islam, but they would still be believing in God.
    Or they could just be leaving organised religion, and believing in God but without following a certain religion.

ReputationRep:

hoooooollllllllyyyyyyyyy shietttt dis ***** got BRAINS :lol: daym son! Idk how people get A*s in A levels I swear I almost died trying to get a C lmaooooooo
    you should go for it!

ReputationRep:
    first time i've heard of a gay somali

ReputationRep:
    AMA
    You don't need to "consider" leaving Islam, you can just leave it.

What are your interests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)

Sent from phone.
    As I mentioned, I'm foing to try and reconcile my sexuality with the religion. I definitely do still believe in a God but the only reason I'm considering leaving is that I don't agree with some of the religion's approach to particular situations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    hoooooollllllllyyyyyyyyy shietttt dis ***** got BRAINS :lol: daym son! Idk how people get A*s in A levels I swear I almost died trying to get a C lmaooooooo
    you should go for it!
    Haha thanks lol A-Levels r peakk I'm enjoying this year of just chilling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    You don't need to "consider" leaving Islam, you can just leave it.

What are your interests?
    I'm going to try and reconcile once I'm out but if not then I'll most likely just leave. I enjoy playing football but not very competitively and I also enjoy just chilling with friends lol

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks lol A-Levels r peakk I'm enjoying this year of just chilling
    yeah im sure you need that fam
    i tried to take a gap year and sleep but parents were like YOU'LL BE TOO OLD WHEN YOU GRADUATE
    -.-'

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.