Parsia
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm in Year 11 and I'm currently choosing my A levels. But which do you think would be better to take if I wanted to pursue business Management at the university of Bath. Business is more relevant but Economics is more respected by Universities. Please help me!
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
I would choose econ but it would depend on your other A levels.
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would pick economics as its more useful and respected by universities and business is not all that useful anyways.
ions
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For Bath I'd say economics. Slightly more well-respected
geographyuk123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Business is MUCH easier but less respected
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You do Business if you can't do Economics with the big boys.
prospectiveppe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Parsia)
I'm in Year 11 and I'm currently choosing my A levels. But which do you think would be better to take if I wanted to pursue business Management at the university of Bath. Business is more relevant but Economics is more respected by Universities. Please help me!
I strongly recommend doing Economics- business is seen as a very soft option
d8na
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Economics seems to be more respected, but the entry requirements are high for Bath (A*AB/AAA). If you're doing well in your GCSE's (especially maths) and feel confident Economics may be the stronger choice, but Business may be better if you're worried about getting the grades. If you start one but after a few weeks don't like it most places will let you swap. What else are you planning to take?
DoritoEvie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Business isn't as easy as everyone says. Economics is more mathematical whereas Business is more theory. Depends on what you want.

Business is more theoretical and logical in the way that it actually talks about the business world and the way in which businesses operate, it teaches you essential skills and vocabulary that is used in the everyday Business world. This is kind of essential for Business Management courses.

Even though Economics is a tough subject, it mainly teaches you about the business' and countries statistics, supply and demand (also learnt in Business), operations, inverse relationships, etc. The basics of these are covered in Business, however, I would strongly recommend to take both subjects, even though Business is superior to your course and perhaps more helpful.

WARNING: The new Business exam technique is extremely difficult, much more than Economics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (52)
60.47%
No (34)
39.53%

Watched Threads