Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi TSR,

I've just been offered a job delivering leaflets to my local area. Is this pay better than £4 a hour ? 7*4 = 28 so could you deliver 1000 leaflets in 7 hours ? If so, surely this is better ?
    I'd use my bike to get from one house to another which reduce the time.

Should I go for a waiter job at £4 a hour plus 50% tips or £30 per thousand leaflets delivered ?

I really don't know how long it would take to deliver to 1000 houses.

What would you do ?

Thank you,
    Lee

*Both is not a option.

ReputationRep:
    I would be tempted to go for waiter job just because it is better experience and probably slightly more interesting than delivering leaflets, unless you're pretty introverted. I can't really figure it out but it seems like it would take a pretty long time to deliver 1000 leaflets. If you had no morals I suppose you could throw them all in a bin and pretend you delivered them.

ReputationRep:
    could always just deliver <1000 and just tell them you did deliver them. Hiding the leaflets shouldn't be too hard
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    Hi TSR,

I've just been offered a job delivering leaflets to my local area. Is this pay better than £4 a hour ? 7*4 = 28 so could you deliver 1000 leaflets in 7 hours ? If so, surely this is better ?
    I'd use my bike to get from one house to another which reduce the time.

Should I go for a waiter job at £4 a hour plus 50% tips or £30 per thousand leaflets delivered ?

I really don't know how long it would take to deliver to 1000 houses.

What would you do ?

Thank you,
    Lee

*Both is not a option.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the waiter job! That would be easier than travelling to 1000 houses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    could always just deliver <1000 and just tell them you did deliver them. Hiding the leaflets shouldn't be too hard
    This is true, apparently though they ring up random people along the route to check if they got leaflets. Very low odds of this happening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naya104)
    Definitely the waiter job! That would be easier than travelling to 1000 houses.
    This is what I was thinking, its definitely easier. But what do you think pays more ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ions)
    I would be tempted to go for waiter job just because it is better experience and probably slightly more interesting than delivering leaflets, unless you're pretty introverted. I can't really figure it out but it seems like it would take a pretty long time to deliver 1000 leaflets. If you had no morals I suppose you could throw them all in a bin and pretend you delivered them.
    Waiter job is much better experience and is better to talk about in interviews/CV than delivering leaflets.
    The last option however, is very tempting...
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    Waiter job is much better experience and is better to talk about in interviews/CV than delivering leaflets.
    The last option however, is very tempting...
    Thank you
    That's what I thought. No problem

ReputationRep:
    Waiter job by far...

do you really want to spend 7 hours continually cycling/walking round 1000 houses? how long it will actually take will depend on where you are and what those houses are (e.g. if there are a lot of flats you could deliver 100 in 5 minutes in a block of flats but if there are long stretches with few houses or long roads with lots of big houses it will take longer) so I think in theory it could take less than 7 hours but it could also take longer - either way I think it will be exhausting and miserable, plus in 7 hours you'll need breaks which you obviously won't be paid for... my knowledge of people who've done these sorts of jobs is that the employers tend to take the piss with payment as well

a waiting job will be regular hours, opportunities to earn overtime, you'll be inside + warm/dry, if you're good you'll get extra money in tips and it will give you experience other employers will value

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the area. 1000 in 7hours is pretty easy though - unless you have lots of big houses with long driveways. Do both?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.