Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people like Pewdiepie???. watch

ReputationRep:
    He is the most popular youtuber I think with 50 million subscribers I think.

I can't stand him and his videos.
    He is annoying.
    I don't understand how so many people like him.

ReputationRep:
    His videos have everything needed to catch the simple minds of his youthful audience: silly noises, silly games, and a girl.

Some people are happy to just watch stupid stuff. I was subscribed to all sorts of nonsense a few years ago- Syndicate, KSI, MrTechnicalDifficult, Buzzfeed, etc. I wised up though and unsubbed from them a few days later.

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow::dontknow:

Gets to a point where social conformism takes over I suppose - people watch his channel because they think everyone else does :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    imo his videos have actually been quite decent since he stopped playing games so much and started just doing bs

But comedy is subjective innit, recommending it as good is always a bad idea
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I used to like him because I wasn't allowed to play video games so I got to watch him play cool ones.
    Then he got more crippy and I unsubbed and don't like him anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    I used to like him because I wasn't allowed to play video games so I got to watch him play cool ones.
    Then he got more crippy and I unsubbed and don't like him anymore
    crippy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by DolphinMan)

He is annoying.
    Never liked him or his videos for some reason,
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by markovchain17)
    crippy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Yeah
    What does it mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DolphinMan)

He is annoying.
    Different people enjoy different things, for varying reasons.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by markovchain17)
    What does it mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    crip + pea

ReputationRep:
    He's so annoying I don't understand why either. When he goes "it's pewdipie" in that annoying voice I wanna throat punch him so badly...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    cause he's so ****ing beautiful :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    :dontknow::dontknow:

Gets to a point where social conformism takes over I suppose - people watch his channel because they think everyone else does :unsure:
    That's very true: A few years when he was on like 20 something mil i subbed to him for no reasonable reason - only because he was very popular. I then watched a few of his vids and days later unsubbed because I found him extremely annoying.

ReputationRep:
    also he may have 50 million subs or whatever
    but he only gets like max 5 mil views per vid (usually - unless they go viral) - so it's obv dead accounts

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to say Davalla but yeah he isn't boring like you must be since you find him pretty stupid, along with 52 mil. People who are stupid. yes? What I suggest is that if you don't like him then simply don't tune in to his vids. You might say one time his vids. Are nonsensical but they make tonnes of people laugh! Those silly voices really make someone's day and he knows it. And as for that girl, you might have not seen a better woman in your whole life so please stop hating.

ReputationRep:
    But RiceGum... he IS stupid! What even is the name Pewdiepie? A play on cutiepie but with a gun noise? lol ok so he's a manchild? and/or a narcissistic? no problem, that's his choice, but like people already pointed out, 52m subscribers and not even quarter of them bother watching his vids. It's not dead accounts, it's people who subscribed because of hype rather than actually enjoying the content they don't bother to watch. Fred was the most popular on YouTube for a while and now that he's gone you won't find anybody to say his content was actually good. Because it was total dross. Also statistically the average person isn't very smart in respect to human brains potential, which also means half the population is fairly stupid. Now everybody knows in order to appeal to the masses you need to dumb down. Think repetitive themes and sounds in pop music, big explosion and tits in movies. Basic stuff so the majority can understand and participate. Pewdiepie has 52 million subs? Definitely braindead content. 52M subs and 40m of them don't even watch his videos? I think it's fair to question his popularity.

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate the highly intellectual people in this thread questioning the mental capacity of some of Pewdiepie's audience. I'm also assuming you're the astrophys kids looking into the philosophical value of the motifs in Rick and Morty.
    Spoiler:
    Show

BUT DO YOU HAVE A DIPLOMA FROM NASA LIKE ME? HA. AND I GOT THAT IN HIGH SCHOOL.

His ylyl are a bit more decent, ever since he's been getting them from 4chan.
    Primarily I watch him because filthy frank hasn't posted anything good aside from music videos in the last year or so, and he's essentially become like a family-friendly frank. I call him my personal jester. He helps me with my depression

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.