Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are both very similar or is one significantly better than the other?

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently living in Castings and a few of my friends live at Aspley, they pay £125 whereas I pay £110 a week, i've invited them round a few times and all of them have said that they think they've been ripped off as the rooms are the same size but Castings feels newer (their words). However Aspley has a much bigger common room with ping pong tables and a huge tv etc. Everything else is almost identical apart from Aspley having slightly bigger kitchen/living area. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon19681998)
    I'm currently living in Castings and a few of my friends live at Aspley, they pay £125 whereas I pay £110 a week, i've invited them round a few times and all of them have said that they think they've been ripped off as the rooms are the same size but Castings feels newer (their words). However Aspley has a much bigger common room with ping pong tables and a huge tv etc. Everything else is almost identical apart from Aspley having slightly bigger kitchen/living area. Hope this helps
    Thank you so much!! Is it mostly freshers in Castings, or is it a mix?

ReputationRep:
    My flat is first years only, however I was able to choose when I booked my room, I chose to live with only first years and I got exactly that, I think castings and Aspley is a lot quieter than storthes with more 2nd and 3rd years but I love how close it is to the clubs so no need for a taxi, just a 10 minute walk

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh thats great!! Yeah I have heard Storthes isn't too great, would much rather be somewhere quieter and closer to the uni! Thank you for the help! Definitely gonna be going to Huddersfield next year
    (Original post by anon19681998)
    My flat is first years only, however I was able to choose when I booked my room, I chose to live with only first years and I got exactly that, I think castings and Aspley is a lot quieter than storthes with more 2nd and 3rd years but I love how close it is to the clubs so no need for a taxi, just a 10 minute walk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hillzer121)
    Ahhh thats great!! Yeah I have heard Storthes isn't too great, would much rather be somewhere quieter and closer to the uni! Thank you for the help! Definitely gonna be going to Huddersfield next year
    Yeah storthes is cheaper but you have to get a taxi back after a night out which is costly so the difference between the two accommodations is not really that much. And I've heard that storthes is really old and has not been refurbished. OK maybe I will see you around next year :P

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Huddersfield
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.