Turn on thread page Beta

is it normal to have one arm bigger than the other? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed this and it has really made me feel crap now. My right arm is bigger than my left! It isn't that bad at the moment, but I've been mainly using barbells (bench press, oh press, etc) and have substituted it for dumbbells instead of that's a step in the right direction? I've been doing a program that totally ignores dumbbells and I started with Starting Strength.

Is there anything else i can do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wouldn't say so.

I use DBs where i can. This will limit the extent to which you have a stronger grip, bigger arm etc.

It should even out slowly.

I have a slight imbalance too.
    However arm wrestled my flat mate who doesn't lift but works on the farm etc.

He beat me when we used our strong hands (just).
    I easily beat him when we went weak against weak.

It'll come. Just be aware of it and go to when your weak arm fails with good form.

ReputationRep:
    I feel your pain; I have one penis bigger than the other. It's really getting me down too.

ReputationRep:
    *inb4 the obvious joke*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    I've noticed this and it has really made me feel crap now. My right arm is bigger than my left! It isn't that bad at the moment, but I've been mainly using barbells (bench press, oh press, etc) and have substituted it for dumbbells instead of that's a step in the right direction? I've been doing a program that totally ignores dumbbells and I started with Starting Strength.

Is there anything else i can do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i mean it's be slightly bigger i'm sure, for example i use my right arm more than my left arm if you catch my meaning
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Really though i use my right arm to do more stuff like writing lifting stuff and generally everything.
    (Original post by Davalla)
    I feel your pain; I have one penis bigger than the other. It's really getting me down too.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.