Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Examples of evidence would be appreciated
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    On what grounds are you applying as independent?

ReputationRep:
    I've been living on my own since mid 2014 - that will be 3 years from the start of my course. I can provide financial documents (P60 etc) from 2015 onward but no earlier than that. I only have 34 months-worth of proof of self-supporting regardless of the fact I was living away from home months earlier. I just didn't have a job till 2015. Is there anything else I can provide as proof because I'm out of ideas.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    If you've been living on your own since May 2014, did you have a tenancy agreement?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately not, I was staying with my partner at first - I didn't have my own tenancy until late 2014

I get that i technically wasn't self supporting until I got my first job, but it just sucks that i have to use my parents household income plus my own even though i haven't had a penny off them for over 3 years. I wont get much maintenance or any low-income bursaries while I'm funding my studies off my part-time job. It's ridiculous but I don't a solution.

ReputationRep:
    I had to do this too. Do you have any savings accounts? I was allowed to give savings accounts & ISAs as evidence that I had my own money although I was also working at the same time.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there

I confirm that 3 years (36 months) worth of evidence is required, however it does not have to be consecutive years.

Acceptable evidence can include P60's, month 12 or week 52 payslips, benefit receipt letters, HMRC Statement of Earnings, Employers letters, Tax returns, accounts documents.

If you have been provided with food and accommodation in place of wages then this can be considered as self supporting.

For students in receipt of benefits, the amount is not so important, the important factor is the claim dates. We must see the period of time the student has been claiming benefits.

If you need any further clarification, please call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks

anGG��4��

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.