ok so i've decided to take IB, and these are the subjects i'd like to take:

English
    Mathematical Studies
    Spanish
    ITGS
    History
    Chemistry

in my igces these were my grades:
    (there is core and extended in each subject, core being slightly easier then extended.Core grades start from C then go down, extended subjects start from A* then go down)
    english(extended):C
    math(core):C
    spanish(core): D
    chemistry(core): C
    geography(no core./ext): C
    Business(" "): C
    Computers(" "): B

now i think im going to take SL and HL in the following subjects:

SL- English
    SL- Math
    HL- History
    HL- ITGS
    SL- Chem

*now i need one more HL subject, and spanish, well im kinda doubting if i can cope up with HL..please give your advise especially those who have taken spanish HL.I've been learning spanish for 3 years, but im pathetic in it.

**im taking history for the first time, but in 8th grade i had history, and i really enjoyed studying it. i'd love to take history again, but i want to know if im going to get myself messed up in HL history or not.please give your advise.

thanks.yes i know its a long post.

ReputationRep:
    spanish b hl?

ReputationRep:
    NO, no and no. Especially if you've done core Spanish and gotten a D. You might survive in SL, if you do some extensive work and work hard at it. Spanish HL will mean to work really hard

ReputationRep:
    do not take spanish b HL, i take that course but i got an a* in gcse. the HL course is really hard, i dont even think you should take SL unless you're willing to put a lot of work in.
    try taking french (or any other language) at ab initio.

other than that your choices look good. you will be fine at history HL if you like to analyse stuff and dont mind learning a lot by heart.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. I got A* in IGCSE French and everyone adviced me against taking French B HL. HL is a long way away from SL in Lang B.

ReputationRep:
    so should the subjects go like this-

HL: English, ITGS, & History
    SL: Chemistry, Math Studies & Spanish (ab intio)

im scared about hl english cuz i got a C in extended english language..i hope i can cope with it especially the literature part.

ReputationRep:
    English A1 is all literature, forget English Language. You didn't do Eng Lit at IGCSE? Ouch. That could have come in useful.

Are you sure you can do Spanish Ab? Because you got an IGCSE on it already (granted a low grade but never mind). Shouldn't you be doing Spanish B SL?

But other than that, it looks fine.

ReputationRep:
    Um HMS, you can do Ab initio, even if you've a 2 year experience of the language. 2 years is the maximum

ReputationRep:
    Really? I thought if you've taken an exam in it...you can't. Never mind. Ignore me. I didn't ever consider Lang Ab so don't really know much about it.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends takes Spanish Ab initio even though he has a GCSE in it. Anyway, I'll ignore you

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.