The Student Room Group

Reference

Hi,

I am applying to university to study primary education.

I have two people that are willing to provide me with a "good" reference and I'm struggling to decide which one is best choice.

The first is my old school guidance teacher. After emailing him regarding an unrelated matter, he offered to write me a reference. He organized my work experience with a primary school in my final year as I wanted to join the police and needed to complete community work in order to join. However, I didn't try in my final year at school as I didn't want to go to university and he was constantly trying to persuade me to leave as he felt that I wasn't gaining any benefit by remaining in education.

The second is my college tutor, where I am currently studying. She also said she'd provide me with a "good" reference as I am a "very capable" student and thinks I will make an excellent primary teacher. However I haven't known her for all that long (about 4 months), but on the other hand my old guidance teacher from school was relatively new and only had known me for less than a year.

How important is it that I decide the correct person to write my reference? Which one should I choose?
Reply 1
Original post by Merfie
Hi,

I am applying to university to study primary education.

I have two people that are willing to provide me with a "good" reference and I'm struggling to decide which one is best choice.

The first is my old school guidance teacher. After emailing him regarding an unrelated matter, he offered to write me a reference. He organized my work experience with a primary school in my final year as I wanted to join the police and needed to complete community work in order to join. However, I didn't try in my final year at school as I didn't want to go to university and he was constantly trying to persuade me to leave as he felt that I wasn't gaining any benefit by remaining in education.

The second is my college tutor, where I am currently studying. She also said she'd provide me with a "good" reference as I am a "very capable" student and thinks I will make an excellent primary teacher. However I haven't known her for all that long (about 4 months), but on the other hand my old guidance teacher from school was relatively new and only had known me for less than a year.

How important is it that I decide the correct person to write my reference? Which one should I choose?

Your current academic tutor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Okay brilliant, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending