The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mars0315
Hi All !!
I have submitted my online application via fast track for CUHK ,HKU and HKUST. What do I need to prepare for interviews(what would I expect to be asked?) as I applied to quantitative finance in HKUST and CUHK , International business and global management for HKU.
Thxxx

I feel like interviews in Hong Kong are more general, and not as intense as Oxbridge one. Just read around your course
Original post by Oceana Liang
I feel like interviews in Hong Kong are more general, and not as intense as Oxbridge one. Just read around your course

i literally said almost nothing and still got an offer
Reply 62
Original post by lai812matthew

WOW!!! what course did you apply for ??? and can you remember what did they ask you ?
I think universities in Hongkong mostly consider the grades instead of PS and extra-curricular activities.

I may not be in hk when they interview, do u know do they do Skype interview ?

occasionally i think
WOW!!! what course did you apply for ??? and can you remember what did they ask you ?
I think universities in Hongkong mostly consider the grades instead of PS and extra-curricular activities.

ust engineering i have my interview in ucl
Reply 66

Universities in Hongkong no longer invite candidates to London for an interview this year so it will be on skype presumably.
By the way what courses did you apply for?
Universities in Hongkong no longer invite candidates to London for an interview this year so it will be on skype presumably.
By the way what courses did you apply for?

Economics and finance. Tbh I may not really go to Hong Kong uni

Hi there, just wanted to know did you apply via fast track way and if so when did you hear back for the interview?
Original post by daisyclouds
Hi there, just wanted to know did you apply via fast track way and if so when did you hear back for the interview?

fast track, 2 months later
Hey guys, would love some advice, i just checked my PolyU offer for marketing/management and turns out i got declined =/
Can anyone give me some info on Lingnan Uni? It looks pretty good, has a 3 year business program instead of the usual 4 year ones i see in other unis.

Also, should i bother finishing my application for cityU? I heard it's harder to get into than polyU.

I have 24 points in the IB diploma, should i even bother trying with any more HK unis?

Thanks guys.
Original post by TopDogWunnaz
Hey guys, would love some advice, i just checked my PolyU offer for marketing/management and turns out i got declined =/
Can anyone give me some info on Lingnan Uni? It looks pretty good, has a 3 year business program instead of the usual 4 year ones i see in other unis.

Also, should i bother finishing my application for cityU? I heard it's harder to get into than polyU.

I have 24 points in the IB diploma, should i even bother trying with any more HK unis?

Thanks guys.

City U is def harder than Poly U.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TopDogWunnaz

Thanks guys.

just try if you have money. the non-jupas application doesn't have a fix criteria. there are cases that candidate with lower predicted/actual grades got in while there are candidate with higher grades did not receive the offer.
Anyone heard back from HKU ? I'm still waiting anxiously
I just got an email from HKUST regarding video interview for global business. Has anyone done this already? I wonder how to prepare for this XD
Original post by cakeycak3
I just got an email from HKUST regarding video interview for global business. Has anyone done this already? I wonder how to prepare for this XD

I just got that today as well :O

No clue what to do
Original post by cakeycak3

I just did my interview, basically, you have a 1 min self-introduction and 4 randomly selected questions that may or may not be about global economy.
Original post by hkibstudent
I just did my interview, basically, you have a 1 min self-introduction and 4 randomly selected questions that may or may not be about global economy.

i did that as well, but it is regarding the hkust business school, not global business
Original post by himeandme
i did that as well, but it is regarding the hkust business school, not global business

So like 'why did you apply to HKUST business school'?
Reply 79
Has anybody got an interview from HKUST/HKU for Engg/Comp Sci as yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending