Turn on thread page Beta

what does the psychology degree involve? watch

ReputationRep:
    i mean is it interesting or is there loads of research methods, how much coursework etc. just that im thinking of changing course to do psychology (if i pass)
    thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    i mean is it interesting or is there loads of research methods, how much coursework etc. just that im thinking of changing course to do psychology (if i pass)
    thanx
    Each course will be different. Check ucas.com, and follow through to the institutions' websites.

ReputationRep:
    My brother did psychology - there was quite a lot of coursework involved but that was at Essex Uni and it will be different wherever you are. There was quite a lot of statistics involved though so you have to not mind doing a bit of maths!

ReputationRep:
    yeah it is a mixture of things really- maths cos there is stats when analysing your experiments etc....you have to do experiments 'research' and also learn the theory etc...

it appealed to me becuase it is such a varied course and it covers such a wide area.

However, it does vary from uni to uni...

Make sure that the degree you choose has BPS accredication, so if you want to pursue a career as a psychologist, it saves you having to do another year or two!!

Ruthie xx

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.