• Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hi!

So I went to Westfield today and I was disappointed with the selection of shoes I had

I know that places like Clarks, Dorothy Perkins and New Look do a selection of shoes for people with wider feet. I got a pair of New Look boots last year and they were cheap and poor quality. Today I saw a lovely pair of boots by Blowfish in Schuh, but they were just a little bit too tight for me

So where do you buy your shoes from? I need ideas, as I'm fed up with not finding anything that I like that also fits me!

ReputationRep:
    The men's section
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

ReputationRep:
    River Island

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    The men's section
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
    Savage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slow iPhones)
    Savage!

ReputationRep:
    Huh, for some reason I thought you (OP) were male.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Nacho1999)
    River Island
    Do they have a section for wider feet then? Their heels are always so high

(Original post by Inexorably)
    Huh, for some reason I thought you (OP) were male.
    You're not the first person to tell me that but I am most definitely female!

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    The men's section
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
    Really? I never thought of that. Trainers and Converses I could understand, but generally men's shoes (not that I pay much attention to them) seem to be quite manly.

Trainers are less of an issue for me, it's the pretty shoes like pumps, boots etc. that I struggle with!

ReputationRep:
    I have quite wide feet and bought a lovely pair of boots from Clarks this winter.
    I also have a beautiful pair of boots from Sarenza (online only though ) and La Scarpa are also fab. Kookai's court shoes are also more sympathetic to slightly wider feet and I have had good luck with LK Bennett's court shoes too.
    Good luck with your search and let us know what you find!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Angelil)
    I have quite wide feet and bought a lovely pair of boots from Clarks this winter.
    I also have a beautiful pair of boots from Sarenza (online only though ) and La Scarpa are also fab. Kookai's court shoes are also more sympathetic to slightly wider feet and I have had good luck with LK Bennett's court shoes too.
    Good luck with your search and let us know what you find!
    Thanks Not heard of the first two. I tried a pair on in Clarks actually, but they hurt me on the top of them (they were ankle boots), as my leg pushed into the boot whenever I walked

My whole body is just awkward when it comes to clothes!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I know this feeling so well! Definitely want to hear everyone's answers for this! I find I can get some to fit occasionally in New Look, but it's hit and miss with the quality. F&F in Tesco do some alright wide fit ones, but sometimes you look and they're just all awful so that's very hit and miss :laugh: Plus size clothing places usually carry a fair few of them - so places like Evans and Simply Be. I've seen a few really nice pairs of wide fit boots in M&S, but they're fairly expensive. Next is worth a try. I personally can't usually get them to fit, but my feet are beyond reason, so it might be worth a try :laugh:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I know this feeling so well! Definitely want to hear everyone's answers for this! I find I can get some to fit occasionally in New Look, but it's hit and miss with the quality. F&F in Tesco do some alright wide fit ones, but sometimes you look and they're just all awful so that's very hit and miss :laugh: Plus size clothing places usually carry a fair few of them - so places like Evans and Simply Be. I've seen a few really nice pairs of wide fit boots in M&S, but they're fairly expensive. Next is worth a try. I personally can't usually get them to fit, but my feet are beyond reason, so it might be worth a try :laugh:
    That's a good shout on the plus size clothing places. Although I tried on a pair of boots in Evans (my legs are also slightly wider than the standard) and they were massive on me (my legs were swamped). DIdn't know that Tesco did wider fit ones as well. But I agree on the quality from New Look. I had a pair of boots from them that were basically MDF (at least that's what it looked like when they gained a hole) in the heel
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by *Interrobang*)
    That's a good shout on the plus size clothing places. Although I tried on a pair of boots in Evans (my legs are also slightly wider than the standard) and they were massive on me (my legs were swamped). DIdn't know that Tesco did wider fit ones as well. But I agree on the quality from New Look. I had a pair of boots from them that were basically MDF (at least that's what it looked like when they gained a hole) in the heel
    Yeah, I can't remember if I ever managed to get anything from Evans. I've only ever gotten one good pair from New Look, and that was a leather pair with a decent sole but of course they were more expensive than their usual stuff. I'm on the hunt for some shoes as well, really need some open ones!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Yeah, I can't remember if I ever managed to get anything from Evans. I've only ever gotten one good pair from New Look, and that was a leather pair with a decent sole but of course they were more expensive than their usual stuff. I'm on the hunt for some shoes as well, really need some open ones!
    Let me know if you find any! *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    Dr Martens and Vans are SUPER comfortable, stylish and perfectly roomy for people with wide feet. I have strangely narrow and high arches but my toe bed is very wide and I find these brands very accomodating as you can lace the shoe to your preference in terms of tightness around the foot. If you don't mind slightly grungy looking shoes they're a good shout :P
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by PalindromeGirl)
    Dr Martens and Vans are SUPER comfortable, stylish and perfectly roomy for people with wide feet. I have strangely narrow and high arches but my toe bed is very wide and I find these brands very accomodating as you can lace the shoe to your preference in terms of tightness around the foot. If you don't mind slightly grungy looking shoes they're a good shout :P
    Unfortunately I can't wear those sorts of shoes to work or to a wedding, which is what I was looking for
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by PalindromeGirl)
    I can't even get my feet into Vans. I'm starting to think I must have clown feet or something :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Interrobang*)
    Unfortunately I can't wear those sorts of shoes to work or to a wedding, which is what I was looking for
    Ah fair enough! Docs are okay for work (as in the shoes? and they do heeled ones which are v nice), in terms of wedding shoes, I'm not sure sorry, maybe try looking for a material that will give is the best option, but Clarks are good for offering different width options

ReputationRep:
    I've had the same problem all my life. Marks and Spencer do quite a range of wide fitting shoes - I'm sure you'd find some for a wedding and their boots are good. More difficult to find (and expensive) are German made shoes like Think. For some reason German shoes are often very wide fitting. But it's easier if you can try some on first so that you know how they fit and this is hard as you often have to buy online.
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Buy one size larger, get insoles to help if there is slipping.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    As well as Clarks and Newlook, which you mentioned, I've found some brands tend to be better in general. I have a pair of skechers which fit me really well and are SO comfy. When I buy shoes such as converse I tend to get the unisex or men's ones, which are usually the same design but wider

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.