Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi , this is my first post.

I wanted to get some advice, I am 29 and have been working in a school as a TA for 3 1/2 years now and the time has come where I want to go futher and study primary education ks1/2 B.ed at Gloucestershire uni.

My problem is is that I only have around 80 points.

Based on this, do you know if I would be accepted into the course ?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selina4787)

I wanted to get some advice, I am 29 and have been working in a school as a TA for 3 1/2 years now and the time has come where I want to go futher and study primary education ks1/2 B.ed at Gloucestershire uni.

Thanks
    Mature student entry is rarely judged on points alone. Every application is looked at individually, so you need to contact the uni's Admissions Office and ask them. Your TA experience will certainly help, but unis generally want to see proof of recent successful study. You may need to do a 1 year Access course before you get a place. But only the uni can tell you.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Selina4787)

Thanks
    Hi there,

Although I cannot comment on your individual application, at the University of Gloucestershire, we welcome applications from mature students and do not necessarily require the same academic qualifications as school leaving applicants.

It looks like you have a lot of relevant work experience which should help your application.

To find out more, please email our enquiries team via [email protected] or call us via 03330 141414.

Good luck!

Maria at the University of Gloucestershire.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2016
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.