Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    I really dont know what to wear to Uni - well on the first day and that.

What is everyone else wearing??
    Wear whatever you are comfortable in.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what kind of clothes to take the weathers got me so confused...will it be wintery or summery??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolly-88)
    I don't know what kind of clothes to take the weathers got me so confused...will it be wintery or summery??? :confused:
    I moved in to private accommodation and might have done differently if I had moved in to halls but I basically took all my clothes. I have a 12 month contract and I basically moved to the city where I study. I saw moving away as properly moving away rather than moving to a place for a little while like a holiday or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    I really dont know what to wear to Uni - well on the first day and that.

What is everyone else wearing??
    yh i was wonderimng that too!

ReputationRep:
    i hate most of my wardrobe, but i cant really afford new clothes if i want to eat.

what i need is:
    a pair of jeans
    a jumper
    socks and underwear

what i want is:
    a few pairs of nice jeans
    jumpers/cardigans/jackets
    dresses
    new shoes
    socks and nice underwear

i actually really hate fashion sometimes because i cant afford it, i hate shopping but i hate feeling so ugly next to everyone else. damm the low self esteem!

ReputationRep:
    My mum's literally just given me a pair of new pyjamas, so I shall be adding them to my wardrobe. What I really need to narrow down is the amount of shoes I take with me........

EDIT: Hey, romeos*****, I'm going to Exeter too! :tee:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I'll live without new clothes. I'd reeeaaaaally like a shiny new NAS with 1TB storage in it though.....mmmmmm..... :angel:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flecalicious)

EDIT: Hey, romeos*****, I'm going to Exeter too! :tee:
    hello!

ReputationRep:
    i'm sorta too worried about general money to go on a spending spree just for uni, so i'll take the best of what i've already got and maybe treat myself to a few new tops and a bag so i feel better. but otherwise nah, im just going as myself

ReputationRep:
    The main item of clothing which I really would like is a long baggy cardigan, preferably grey.

I would like lots more clothes, but sadly I can't afford to buy any

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't want a whole new wardrobe, as I certainly don't need one.

However, it is much warmer where I live, and I have absolutely no sweaters or warm weather wear. We have cold winters, but none of my sweaters/jumpers fit me any more (shrunk in the wash) so I need to get things that will beat the English chill.

ReputationRep:
    Im just hitting Selfridge's like i did last year

life is short, live with some class, *** money issues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grizzly)
    Im just hitting Selfridge's like i did last year

life is short, live with some class, *** money issues
    Good advice.

I'm both a spender and a saver, which is good. I think the extra money is worth looking fabulous, though. Always been my philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    To the people who are asking what to wear on their first day - seriously, don't fret about it. Just wear something casual, comfortable and stylish (if fashion is your thing). You know, just the everyday things you wear to go shopping or whatever.

You will encounter some girls who totter in wearing leggings & skirts & heels (yes, honestly) but to me, they seem a bit tragic. If you want to make a bit more effort to look nice on your first day, then just spend extra time on your hair or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romeos*****)
    hello!
    Hey! What course are you doing then?

...I'll probably agonise over it the night before, but I'm sure something with a Robots in Disguise logo will creep in there...

ReputationRep:
    Nice shoes, sweaters, jackets and other warm clothes... I lived 4years in Africa so I really don't need summer clothes but I don't really have anything warm and/or refined to wear... Can't wait to go shopping (first need to work a bit more to save some money... )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poetic_harriyot)
    I'm going to America for a semester in a week - I need some new warm stuff but I'm going to buy it over there. And new cons - my old ones are literally falling apart.
    Where in the US?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheesyBeans)
    I suggest you do. I didn't realise how much I would need to spend. it was horrible waiting for my loan to come through after I'd ran out of my little amount of spends.
    Out of curiosity, how much did you end up spending in freshers week/ before your loan came in?

I want [want being the important word here. not need,, but it would be nice [= ]
    Some more sugar patterened boots [downside is the fact that they fall apart SO easily..]
    some nice tops/dresses [like.. one or twp]
    Hoodie [although being fair, the uni ones are awesome quality, so i might just get one of those]
    Cardigan
    new jeans.
    few skirts [cheap ones]

ReputationRep:
    I'd like some sort of casual day dress, jeans that actually fit and some 20 eyelet, 3 inch heel Dr Martens.

Is that really so much to ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stepheh)
    Some more sugar patterened boots [downside is the fact that they fall apart SO easily..]
    I love sugar shoes but my first pair has lasted me less than a year (bt I did wear them quite a bit) bt I've got another pair now . Tis a shame they break down fairly quickly; they seem to be the only nice shoes that fit my wide feet aside frm flip flops...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.