Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stepheh)
    Out of curiosity, how much did you end up spending in freshers week/ before your loan came in?

I can't remember exactly as it was 2 years ago but I spent everything I had. My mum gave me some money for food as I was in private accommodation, my dad gave me some quids for going out and my nan did etc. I suppose I spent about £50 which isn't much compared to a lot of people. I know I would have spent more if I had had it. I think you just get totally carried away with the novelty of it all during freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    I want a new cardigan or two, and a new pair of tweed kecks, or at least for someone to sew the button back on my old ones.

As for the first day, I'll dress in my typically hobo-ish fashion; cardigan, probably a checked shirt, tweed pants and what people affectionately call my 'comedian' glasses.

ReputationRep:
    I'm well excited about buying clothes n stationary n stuff!
    I'm getting-
    Some jeans
    Converse-style trainers
    Adidas trainers
    Punkyfish messenger bag

And I'm getting my hair done as well - bleached with some purple. I get well bored easily with my hair!!

ReputationRep:
    I need some jeans but I would like: jeans, sparkly dress, flat shoes, nice underwear

ReputationRep:
    I constantly buy new stuff during the year anyway, I'm in my final year now so won't be buying any new clothes especially for uni, but I do need a new bag.

ReputationRep:
    Ankle boots
    Knee length boots
    Tank tops/strappy tops
    Skirts
    Dress
    I want a white linen suit aswel.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.