Anyone else think death will actually be better than living? Watch

hoeppr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Being alive is quite depressing when you think about it - well I think it is anyway. And it strange how people make out that you must continue living and you shouldn't killl yourself as thats not the answer. In what way is that not the answer? You don't suffer when you're dead so it can be a good answer for some people. Also it doesn't always get better- that is such a cliche saying.
Scott.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When you're dead nothing happens, but you'd be stress free, even though you wouldn't know it.
hoeppr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Scott.)
When you're dead nothing happens, but you'd be stress free, even though you wouldn't know it.
Exactly.

Its just like one of those times when you sleep but you don't dream about anything.
wolfmoon88
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
maybe, maybe not.... but we won't know until it happens so don't be afraid of dying... be afraid of not living!
mehokay
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Being dead is a bit boring, don't you think?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To sleep, perchance to Dream; aye, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause.

AfricanPrinceXI
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I for one am also excited by the prospect of death, but I am in no rush. It is intriguing. In fact living my life knowing I am going to die one day makes me extremely happy. But like I said, I am in no rush - I am enjoying living also. It's a win-win.
queenofswords
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I recommend the Last Messiah by Peter Zapffe, or Thomas Ligotti's Conspiracy Against the Human Race for an in depth over view of that thought OP.

Both works cover 'distractions' that humanity has created to help itself flourish despite the futility of it all.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hoeppr)
You don't suffer when you're dead
You also don't know that you're not suffering. You don't feel any better post death as you don't feel anything. For you personally there is no net gain.
BrokenLife
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're not alone. Story of my life.
z33
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what if Hell is real though
then suffering is eternal
I need time to repent fam :lol:
(inb4 im dead tomorrow)
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You wouldn't know what it's like because you'd be dead.
Angry Bird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
“Every Man Dies, Not Every Man Really Lives”
username2471155
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
You wouldn't know what it's like because you'd be dead.
Exactly. Literally about to post this until I read yours.
rayestar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When you're alive, you have a choice of life/ death
when you're dead, you have no choice, since you can't go back to life.
When you die, you may realise what you have left and regret.

I'd rather be in a position to be able to choose and live a life without regrets, even if I don't plan to die.

lol that sounded a bit cliched but I believe this strongly
Jimmy Carr
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AfricanPrinceXI)
I for one am also excited by the prospect of death
Why, when you won't know what's happening? It's a bit like being excited about an upcoming party that you won't be attending or have no part in.
username2763536
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hoeppr)
Being alive is quite depressing when you think about it - well I think it is anyway. And it strange how people make out that you must continue living and you shouldn't killl yourself as thats not the answer. In what way is that not the answer? You don't suffer when you're dead so it can be a good answer for some people. Also it doesn't always get better- that is such a cliche saying.

You have already essentially been dead for 13.7 billion years.And now after billions of years you get to be alive and experience the universe for 80 or 90 years. Yet you are wishing you are dead again.Maybe you should get off TSR and go outside.
AfricanPrinceXI
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jimmy Carr)
Why, when you won't know what's happening? It's a bit like being excited about an upcoming party that you won't be attending or have no part in.
I am looking forward to something. I believe there is more. There might not be. I think there is. It's exciting. And well if there isn't anything - That's that - It's not like I could even be sad about it! Ha!

I am not really thinking much of it now, because even though I could die at anytime. I don;t feel I will until a later stage. I'll think about it a bit more then. It will be far more exciting when its imminent.

It's just like every other milestone in your life, for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (70)
15.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (44)
10.02%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (82)
18.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
13.9%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (47)
10.71%
How can I be the best version of myself? (135)
30.75%

Watched Threads