Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else think death will actually be better than living? watch

ReputationRep:
    Being alive is quite depressing when you think about it - well I think it is anyway. And it strange how people make out that you must continue living and you shouldn't killl yourself as thats not the answer. In what way is that not the answer? You don't suffer when you're dead so it can be a good answer for some people. Also it doesn't always get better- that is such a cliche saying.

ReputationRep:
    When you're dead nothing happens, but you'd be stress free, even though you wouldn't know it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott.)
    When you're dead nothing happens, but you'd be stress free, even though you wouldn't know it.
    Exactly.

Its just like one of those times when you sleep but you don't dream about anything.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    maybe, maybe not.... but we won't know until it happens so don't be afraid of dying... be afraid of not living!

ReputationRep:
    Being dead is a bit boring, don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    To sleep, perchance to Dream; aye, there's the rub,
    For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause.

ReputationRep:
    I for one am also excited by the prospect of death, but I am in no rush. It is intriguing. In fact living my life knowing I am going to die one day makes me extremely happy. But like I said, I am in no rush - I am enjoying living also. It's a win-win.

ReputationRep:
    I recommend the Last Messiah by Peter Zapffe, or Thomas Ligotti's Conspiracy Against the Human Race for an in depth over view of that thought OP.

Both works cover 'distractions' that humanity has created to help itself flourish despite the futility of it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoeppr)
    You don't suffer when you're dead
    You also don't know that you're not suffering. You don't feel any better post death as you don't feel anything. For you personally there is no net gain.

ReputationRep:
    You're not alone. Story of my life.

ReputationRep:
    what if Hell is real though
    then suffering is eternal
    I need time to repent fam :lol:
    (inb4 im dead tomorrow)
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You wouldn't know what it's like because you'd be dead.

ReputationRep:
    “Every Man Dies, Not Every Man Really Lives”
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by UWS)
    You wouldn't know what it's like because you'd be dead.
    Exactly. Literally about to post this until I read yours.

ReputationRep:
    When you're alive, you have a choice of life/ death
    when you're dead, you have no choice, since you can't go back to life.
    When you die, you may realise what you have left and regret.

I'd rather be in a position to be able to choose and live a life without regrets, even if I don't plan to die.

lol that sounded a bit cliched but I believe this strongly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfricanPrinceXI)
    I for one am also excited by the prospect of death
    Why, when you won't know what's happening? It's a bit like being excited about an upcoming party that you won't be attending or have no part in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoeppr)
    Being alive is quite depressing when you think about it - well I think it is anyway. And it strange how people make out that you must continue living and you shouldn't killl yourself as thats not the answer. In what way is that not the answer? You don't suffer when you're dead so it can be a good answer for some people. Also it doesn't always get better- that is such a cliche saying.

You have already essentially been dead for 13.7 billion years.And now after billions of years you get to be alive and experience the universe for 80 or 90 years. Yet you are wishing you are dead again.Maybe you should get off TSR and go outside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Carr)
    Why, when you won't know what's happening? It's a bit like being excited about an upcoming party that you won't be attending or have no part in.
    I am looking forward to something. I believe there is more. There might not be. I think there is. It's exciting. And well if there isn't anything - That's that - It's not like I could even be sad about it! Ha!

I am not really thinking much of it now, because even though I could die at anytime. I don;t feel I will until a later stage. I'll think about it a bit more then. It will be far more exciting when its imminent.

It's just like every other milestone in your life, for me.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.