Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I live in Northern Ireland and failed my GCSE maths many years ago. I have been recently told about essential skills appilcation of number is an equivalent to a c grade in maths don't know what level though and may be needed in my job if they change the qualification criteria. Thing is when I went to tech (fe college) I done keys kills application of number and got a level 2 I was told at the time that was a pass equivalent to GCSEs maths is this true?

Also if I was to resit my GCSE maths does anyone know if ccea Northern Ireland board accept external candidates for this? Does ccea maths have course work or asessments? I don't think could join an evening class and certainly don't want to do a distance learning course as they are so expensive

ReputationRep:
    My son has done both Essential Skills Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 (Northern Ireland) and at this present stage they have not been accepted at his college or for part time work. I have been told lately that as they are both Level 2 qualifications they can be class as GCSE C but its up to the college or whatever education place you go to next and for employment its up to the place to accept them as GCSE but they do not have to as it is 'not official'. My advice is if you can do a speed year GCSE do it as this is causing more hassle that enough. My son attended night class after getting a D in both subjects. there is a certain age where you can enroll for free or low cost I think its 19 and under

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.