core text through to getting the job! Watch

shawtyb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
how much of ones degree and core text reading will/is likely to be used in the actual job relating to the degree there studying for?

i was speaking to a graduate once, before i had applied for my own degree and he warned me that all they do is cram your head full of information and now, 2 levels in i can see what he meant! (i realised this prior to the two years obviously)

how much of it though is likely to crop up in day to day (if at all) life of the job ?
username2176541
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shawtyb)
how much of ones degree and core text reading will/is likely to be used in the actual job relating to the degree there studying for?

i was speaking to a graduate once, before i had applied for my own degree and he warned me that all they do is cram your head full of information and now, 2 levels in i can see what he meant! (i realised this prior to the two years obviously)

how much of it though is likely to crop up in day to day (if at all) life of the job ?
all of it and you better make sure you remember it because if it does crop up and you don't then you've wasted your time
Droit-prive
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shawtyb)

Hi
Galadrielll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It depends on your degree and obviously on the job your pursue after it.

Seriously what did you think? Nobody on TSR has a crystal ball to tell you what to do.
shawtyb
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xenon17)
all of it and you better make sure you remember it because if it does crop up and you don't then you've wasted your time
thats what i was slightly worried about but how does one remember EVERYTHING fluently from all 3 years of uni? theres too much!
in my degree - business management - the course gives you an insight and info in every aspect of business management but for mine i think it depends on what department or type of manager i want to become.
does that make sense?
iv not worded it right i know

(Original post by Droit-prive)
Hi
hi
Droit-prive
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am from Iran
Droit-prive
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Take my advice
shawtyb
Rep:
?
(Original post by Galadrielll)
It depends on your degree and obviously on the job your pursue after it.

Seriously what did you think? Nobody on TSR has a crystal ball to tell you what to do.
im doing business management but not sure as of yet what type of manager/ department manager i want to become yet :/
well yea i get that. i was asking for advice...

Take my advice
you havent given any
Droit-prive
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How can I get admission to Oxford University
shawtyb
Rep:
?
How can I get admission to Oxford University
this is my thread, make your own and ask
Droit-prive
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Most Iranians do not accept
Droit-prive
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I want to continue my education in lawWhat are the general conditions of admission to universities in EuropeIs IELTS or TOEFL is requiredHow can I get my full Fund
shawtyb
Rep:
?
I want to continue my education in lawWhat are the general conditions of admission to universities in EuropeIs IELTS or TOEFL is requiredHow can I get my full Fund
ask on your own thrad!!!
Droit-prive
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am very ashamed.excuse me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads