Turn on thread page Beta

What do I do about this guy? watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so my crush's friend is into me and yesterday he sat next to me for like 5 hours talking. Got my snapchat and have already started sending me videos etc trying to talk. I'm NOT into him but he's a good guy and don't want to be a ***** to him. The maxium I can go with him is a friend. How do I make sure he KNOWS I'm not interested? Like its getting serious now..he's been messaging me and sending me videos the whole day today. I haven't replied to the last message yet. Plus, he asked me to go watch a movie with him and to eat etc...what do I do?

ReputationRep:
    Tell him you see him as a friend. Period

ReputationRep:
    You have to make it somewhat explicit or they assume they have a chance.

source: am guy

ReputationRep:
    Yes PLEASE just tell him upfront. Or at least drop very strong hints of just wanting to be friends. Don't leave him hoping, that's the worst.

source: my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)

Why? )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Tell him you see him as a friend. Period
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)

(Original post by GUMI)
    Yes PLEASE just tell him upfront. Or at least drop very strong hints of just wanting to be friends. Don't leave him hoping, that's the worst.

source: my life
    Thanks for replying, guys. He hasn't officially told me he likes me but all the signs says so. And even my friend said that to me. Anyhow, I've been replying really late to his messages so he should get the hint. At the end of the convo yesterday, I seem VERY disinterested in talking to him and I hope he saw that through my facial expressions.

If he doesn't take the hint, how else can I make it obvious before he asks or say something? Because he's been on my course for wanting to go out together and I'm just like

ReputationRep:
    Just be honest if he doesn't back off. I mean, there's no other option if he isn't getting the hint. Plus you'll be doing him a favour and yourself as nobody's time will be wasted anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him about your crush without telling him who your crush is, ask him for advice. That way he's gonna know you're not interested in him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Just be honest if he doesn't back off. I mean, there's no other option if he isn't getting the hint. Plus you'll be doing him a favour and yourself as nobody's time will be wasted anymore.
    Well, if he says something, I'll tell him straight away. But its just that say if I do go out with him as a friend, he'll think I'm interested when i'm not

(Original post by Angry Bird)
    Talk to him about your crush without telling him who your crush is, ask him for advice. That way he's gonna know you're not interested in him
    THIS! This is a GREAT advice! Gunna do this!!! Thank youuuu!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    Why? )
    If you're talking to a girl you like and have no reason to assume that she'll outright reject you, you're likely going to keep talking to her with romantic intent. The assumption is either "maybe she likes me" or "maybe I can get her to like me more once we talk some more and my winning personality comes out". If the girl doesn't give you a reason to think otherwise you can continue this line of thought for quite some time.

TL;DR:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    OPTIMISM
    http://image.prntscr.com/image/1c1b0...1a32672f19.png

why don't images work on relationship forum it's killed the meme

ReputationRep:
    Next time he says/does something nice to you, say something like "Awwww, you're like a brother to me!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyjellytot14)
    Next time he says/does something nice to you, say something like "Awwww, you're like a brother to me!"
    Hahahaha omg that's so cruel. But I may have to use it

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him about your crush without telling him who your crush is, ask him for advice
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Terrible advice, don't do this!:

1) He could mistake it for a hint that you like him

2) He could take an unhealthy interest in your crush/seek to sabotage things

3) If he senses that you know he likes you it could make you look like a massive/insensitive *****!

Life 101: Always play it straight

ReputationRep:
    Well, if he says something, I'll tell him straight away. But its just that say if I do go out with him as a friend, he'll think I'm interested when i'm not

You're welcome

3) If he senses that you know he likes you it could make you look like a massive/insensitive *****!

he won't sabotage anything because she isn't really going to take his advice.

ReputationRep:

You're welcome

he won't sabotage anything because she isn't really going to take his advice.
    Haha okay, so fully confused rn. But if he days something, I'll be straight.

Anyhow, how do I make sure that a guy KNOWS I'm not into him and he's not into me either? This is about some other guy who my friend likes and he thinks I like him. I don't even know why I'm just a polite person and people think I'm flirting. FML.

ReputationRep:
    he won't sabotage anything because she isn't really going to take his advice
    1) Their mutual friend is the OP's actual crush. He could easily sabotage things directly. Please pay attention

2) When your advice is found seriously wanting, rather than argue, it's as well to note the correction, save the OP messing up their lives due to your apparent lack of humility

if he days something, I'll be straight
    Good call hombre

how do I make sure that a guy KNOWS I'm not into him
    Give him every indication he's in the friendzone, and nip any inappropriate behaviour in the bud/be sure to tell him if you're not comfortable with anything

I don't even know why I'm just a polite person and people think I'm flirting. FML
    Virtually every halfway decent looking, well raised girl I've ever known has had awkward moments like this, so you're not alone. Always be firm but fair
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    U thought about mentioning your cursh, but if he doesnt like the rejection he could go the opposite way and get destructive. You might be left with no other choice but to let him know upfront, thanks but no thanks. Try cooling it first. I hate the hope he gets the hint approach though.

ReputationRep:
    1) Their mutual friend is the OP's actual crush. He could easily sabotage things directly. Please pay attention
    Read my post again. I said she should tell him about a guy she's crushing on without telling him who the crush is.

ReputationRep:

2) When your advice is found seriously wanting, rather than argue, it's as well to note the correction, save the OP messing up their lives due to your apparent lack of humility

Good call hombre

Give him every indication he's in the friendzone, and nip any inappropriate behaviour in the bud/be sure to tell him if you're not comfortable with anything

Virtually every halfway decent looking, well raised girl I've ever known has had awkward moments like this, so you're not alone. Always be firm but fair
    Foo, remember back in the days when I used to have a crush on you, I used to read your sentences twice to make sense of it And its the same case now Think I haven't grown up

Its annoying that he think I'm into him cos I'm NOT and he acts all cool as if every girl is into him

Omg you don't know, most of the time these guys who think I'm into them are the guys I ONLY see as friends or brothers.

ReputationRep:
    Read my post again. I said she should tell him about a guy she's crushing on without telling him who the crush is.
    I know what you said thanks; points stand. I'm afraid your advice is poor, and if you gave a **** about owt besides your own delicate ego you'd have the good sense and decency to retract it :yy:

I used to read your sentences twice to make sense of it And its the same case now Think I haven't grown up
    You wouldn't be the first, and won't be the last, dw, I'm a difficult ******* at the best of times

he acts all cool as if every girl is into him
    Haha, what a chumpsky. That's his problem, mind you

Omg you don't know, most of the time these guys who think I'm into them are the guys I ONLY see as friends or brothers
    The curse of being attractive and frequently in the company of entitled douches :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 29, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.