friiz1337
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I know that HNC is equal to the first year (which allows you to get to the 2nd year) of uni and HND is equal to the second one (which allows you to get to the 3rd year of uni). Has anyone applied for the 2nd year of uni with his HNC and how did it go?
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You have to check how many modules the HND covers. On my son's course, the HND does not cover enough modules to be able to enter into the final year. When people on the course found out they were furious and thought it was a rip off; especially since fees had increased from £1,500 a year to £2,800 a year [in Northern Ireland]. They have now had to ditch BTEC and the new intakes are now doing the Foundation Degree instead. Just double check and make sure the modules correspond with the modules on the Uni course.
friiz1337
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The college HNC offers 8 courses and the university has 7, some of them are similar, some not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads